ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi my name is Anthony i live in South Carolina and i own a 1994 miata. I have raced all my life starting with go-carts and going all the way up to 2300 mustangs. Im tring to get to some tracks down here in the south and have started to modify my car with KYB schocks and exhaust can anyone help?

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
You sound cool so I don't mean to sound rude, but you are being extremely vague about what your are wanting help with.

·
Premium Member
6,346 Posts
KYB make pretty poor product for the price, and exhaust won't make you any faster, so I'd say you're not off to the best start. Start searching and stop posting.

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
Don't be a fool, wrap your tool.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Don't buy wheels from a guy that works at Fed ex and needs the money today.

·
enormous gay swords.
6,360 Posts
if you want good shocks the koni yellows are suppose to be great.
If you can get them cheaper than FM sells them like I did, the tokico illuminas are pretty good too! Better than the KYBs IMO

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
I've got a tip for you.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Howdy Slick,

Good to see another Southerner. I'd take cover, we're sending some tornadoes your way, tonight!

I found this place through GoMiata.com when looking for stuff to do for my 2004 Miata, so I'm kinda partial to them. As far as other sites for parts go, take a look at the sites who sponsor the forums here, and do check out the builds here: http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

Should make you drool!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just started to look at the racing so i might start with time trials and I want to make more HP without boost

·
Registered
412 Posts
You need to figure out what class you want to race before you do anything to the car. Do you know how many classes there are for NASA? SPEC Miata, PT, PTA, PTB, PTC, PTD, PTE, and PTF. Then theres the "points" and "penalties" for anything that is changed. Unless your talking about "tracking" your car to just drive it around the track, there is a lot to it then just saying you want to race it to be competitive. If you want to race NASA you need to do some major research on the NASA web site and figure out what direction you want to go with the car.

PS.
An open ended general question like that will just get you grief from all the Freds on this forum. Narrow your questions down, be specific and use Google first. Read and research.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts