ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Supporting Mamber
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The FD is going away for while so I'm looking at adding a forester xt to my lineup. Anyone have one or experience with em?

·
Registered
388 Posts
parents own a LGT, the oiling system for the turbo is flawed and sometimes results in oil starvation and toasted turbo. the screens get clogged if not maintained enough/properly, causing the starvation. other than that it's been ok.. dog **** gas milage though

·
RDR
4,252 Posts
yes... but i'm a bit biased.. this is my friend's daily, everything you can swap on to it from an STI; trans/manifold/interior etc, then sti aero for forester.... so much money, but looks so good.:

·
RDR
4,252 Posts
yea forester is def one of those cars, you don't really care/notice, unless you see a modded one that looks friggen sweet... like such.
also, if any aftermarket adjustable arm/suspension piece exist for that car, it has been replaced.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have one, love it! I need to take some updated pics in the spring. Currently it has a 3" catless turbo back exhaust, Cobb stage 2, '04 STi suspension rebuilt/revalved by FEAL. I have a few more things waiting to go on: Nissan 300ZX turbo 4pot/2pot calipers, STi VF39 turbo, '08 STi TMIC.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Would rather have a legnum! :D VR4 mmm

·
Registered
14 Posts
My wife has a 05 FXT auto. All stock (she won't let me mod it). Awesome car, but as noted before
pretty terrible gas mileage. I keep telling her the mods will increase here mileage but she doesn't believe me :(

Pretty much the perfect DD as long as mpg isn't your primary concern.

·
Registered
20 Posts
While not an XT, if you're looking for something that will handle a little weather..........

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have owned 5 Subaru's going back more years than I care to admit... all have been bullet proof and great cars.... never had a problem that wasn't owner caused..

·
Sponsor
548 Posts
parents own a LGT, the oiling system for the turbo is flawed and sometimes results in oil starvation and toasted turbo. the screens get clogged if not maintained enough/properly, causing the starvation.
Truth. We sell plenty of replacement turbos due to this. Other than that, they are stout.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I'm looking for a new car to buy in the spring as well. It started with a forrester xt. But I figured for the same price I could get a 08+ black hatchback impreza outback sport, rally flaps, sti wing and some decent wheels. Maybe get the all-red tailights, a front lip and call it the perfect dd/mountain vehicle. I think that's what I'm leaning for.

The forrester doesn't have that much more storage capacity, to justify. Plus the IOS gets better mpg. Just my opinion on the topic at hand.

Sent from my super cool phone, using my thumbs.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have an 03 Forester x (no turbo) as a daily and it's a pretty good car. Incredibly useful (it has hauled a lot in its life, including towing a 2500lb loaded motorcycle trailer to 2 lemons races), good on road or off, fairly small footprint but very roomy, relatively trouble free (aside from head gaskets, which was a problem for all older 2.5 subies, can't recall what year it got fixed). Unfortunately mine is starting to show its age a bit and I'm having a few minor issues, but nothing that would deter me from buying another one. Great all around DD car. F'in awesome in the snow.

But as everyone else has said, the gas mileage is terrible. Even without the turbo, I'm lucky to top 25 mpg. Best tank ever was 27, and in the winter doing mixed/mostly city driving in cold air I average about 21mpg. Worst ever was about 18 towing a trailer through hilly territory and a 70 mph highway.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts