ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that my hood bulges up on the edge directly behind the headlamps. i looked at the rubber bumpstops underneath but they are nonadjustable. I wondered if the hood lock shifted lower over the years to have caused this.

Has this happened to anyone else or is it just me?

·
Big Pimpin'
8,505 Posts
Pics would help

·
Registered
903 Posts
maybe just adjust headlight cover?

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Open hood, grab rear edge of barn doors, tug upwards gently.

Close hood, bulge gone.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
or do it the right way:
remove the plastic light bezel
loosen the 4screws at the front/rear of the headlight cover.
adjust as needed, and retighten when done.

·
Registered
903 Posts
or do it the right way:

Exactly as i stated. Best way, i had to do that one my car was painted. Took about 10 mins, but looks much better.

·
Registered
945 Posts
It's from leaning on the barn doors or putting any sort of pressure on them while washing or working on the car. Either pull them up slightly or unscrew and re tighten. Easy fix.

I vote for a national "Fix your headlight covers" Day. Everyone has to go outside and adjust them.... now! I just got around to doing it a couple weeks ago and kicked myself for leaving them uneven for so long.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
or do it the right way:

This is NOT the right way!

They get bent down because they are made from flimsy pieces of flat metal and when you exert any pressure on them at all they warp. None of the screws loosened up, none of the tabs have shifted positions since they got stuck on there in Hiroshima, someone bent the flats down.

Opening the hood and *gently* tugging up on the rear edge is the right way, anything else is just moving bent parts around.

·
Registered
945 Posts
This is NOT the right way!

They get bent down because they are made from flimsy pieces of flat metal and when you exert any pressure on them at all they warp. None of the screws loosened up, none of the tabs have shifted positions since they got stuck on there in Hiroshima, someone bent the flats down.

Opening the hood and *gently* tugging up on the rear edge is the right way, anything else is just moving bent parts around.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts