ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Smoke-Tint-...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3cbfc09568 im looking at the "light black" tint for my 99 miata headlights, i have used vinyl to tint before so i feel capable to do the job, i'm just worried the light black will not be noticeable and the dark black will dramatically decrease visibility. anybody know more more about it than i do? i googled it and didn't come up with anything

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Why not just do it the right way and paint the headlight housing?

·
Premium Member
6,343 Posts
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Smoke-Tint-...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3cbfc09568 im looking at the "light black" tint for my 99 miata headlights, i have used vinyl to tint before so i feel capable to do the job, i'm just worried the light black will not be noticeable and the dark black will dramatically decrease visibility. anybody know more more about it than i do? i googled it and didn't come up with anything
This is pretty much the worst idea. It looks like **** and makes your headlights not work, why would you possibly want to do this? Upgrade to OEM projectors and paint the surrounds if you want -- that's as close as you'll get to the look you want without ruining your car.

·
Banned
607 Posts
why all you guys hating? I thought this was the forum to goto for ricer ideas? Take your function over form crap to mt.net/m.net :fab:

·
Supporting Member
1,529 Posts
sure you can go to this forum for ricer ideas. nobody said they were going to approve.

as for the post, dont do it. youll deeply regret it later.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well to be honest i did it as soon as i bought the car :lol:, but i used the spray and i went too dark and couldn't see a damn thing so i removed it (made the same mistake on my mustang)...what can i say i just love the look...im hoping for better results with the film, since its gloss and not flat like the spray?...makes since in my mind... anyway since i didn't really find a useful answer i just bought both the dark and the light tint(i mean **** 3.99 each shipped so why not?), i'm going to do one of each and compare brightness and looks then peel the losing light and apply matching film. i'll make sure to post my results. oh and for all you haters, i also have 5% window tint, and its sexy ;)

·
Registered
945 Posts
This is pretty much the worst idea. It looks like **** and makes your headlights not work, why would you possibly want to do this? Upgrade to OEM projectors and paint the surrounds if you want -- that's as close as you'll get to the look you want without ruining your car.
I wouldn't even go this far. Leave the car alone. Lights work at night, and are turned off during the day.... Holy ****! logic.

Not to mention it makes you look like you're 17 and want a ticket handed to you every time you pass a cop. Great time.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Coming from an NA standpoint, I had my front turn signals and side markers wrapped. Left it on for about 2 weeks then took it off. I have to say sanding them down and refinishing them to where there was no writing on them ans swapping to LEDs I was much happier. So in your case do as others have suggested and swap to projectors and paint the housing. That looks so much more classy anyways.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Coming from an NA standpoint, I had my front turn signals and side markers wrapped. Left it on for about 2 weeks then took it off. I have to say sanding them down and refinishing them to where there was no writing on them ans swapping to LEDs I was much happier. So in your case do as others have suggested and swap to projectors and paint the housing. That looks so much more classy anyways.
pics of said l.e.ds or at least what color...amber?

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Whats better than this thread? Everything.

Whats better than everything? Everything to do with KITTEH!

were is arrowadscom btw? I miss that guy.

pics of said l.e.ds or at least what color...amber?
no, it was actually more of a pumpkin color with a slight hint of pink/salmon.

·
Premium Member
6,343 Posts
well to be honest i did it as soon as i bought the car :lol:, but i used the spray and i went too dark and couldn't see a damn thing so i removed it (made the same mistake on my mustang)...what can i say i just love the look...im hoping for better results with the film, since its gloss and not flat like the spray?...makes since in my mind... anyway since i didn't really find a useful answer i just bought both the dark and the light tint(i mean **** 3.99 each shipped so why not?), i'm going to do one of each and compare brightness and looks then peel the losing light and apply matching film. i'll make sure to post my results. oh and for all you haters, i also have 5% window tint, and its sexy ;)
Yet another idiot ruins his car, no wonder I don't read this forum as much anymore :fp:

·
Kony For President
2,036 Posts
There's a site on eBay that sells high quality film for cheap, and if you send them some hq pics of their stuff in use, they refund the purchase price. I advise against tinting your headlights, but it's not my car so whatevs.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts