ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to dump my custom HKS system due to fitment issues (muffler smashes against the support for the rear tow hook) and sound (makes a loud buzzing at 3000rpm) and was considering the OBX cat-back. Was just wondering if anyone had this setup on their NA... and if so... whats it sound like? thanks!

James

M

·
0 Posts
:-k

Isn't OBX a JC Whitney/Pep Boys/eBay/ricer kind of brand?

Why don't you go for a respected brand like Racing Beat or Borla?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
from cat back the diamiter is 2.25"... I dont know if I would sell it. Im actually considering keeping it and putting a resonator after the cat to quiet it down a bit. After all I did spend wack of cash on it :?

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
Im running the OBX exhaust it sounds good NA. Not raspy, buzzy, but deep.

With the exhaust FI, its SILENT! lol

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmmmm... now Im wondering if I should keep the HKS and cram a resonator in there somewhere or buy the OBX #-o To me the descripsions sound the same as my HKS only the buzz comes in at a lower rpm according to some. Who sells an effective resonator?

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
I thought the HKS Hi-Power does have a resonator after the cat already, and a muffler before the small 'bomb' style muffler. Is yours different than that?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mines just the hi-power universal muffler with a custom 2.25" pipe from cat back.

Alright... can anyone get me a video/sound clip of the OBX system? That will help me decide what I want.

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
:-k

Isn't OBX a JC Whitney/Pep Boys/eBay/ricer kind of brand?

Why don't you go for a respected brand like Racing Beat or Borla?
No, OBX stuff is great. The only people that complain about them are the ones that paid 2-3x the $ on Racing beat stuff.

The exhaust is tooo quiet for my taste anyhow, but the workmanship is nice. I do have their header.

·
2,708 Posts
the typical cherrybomb resonators work wonders for removing raspy/drone sounds from most any 4cyl cat back.
Which is why my next exhaust will be made by a local custom muffler shop. Cherry bomb rezzy, custom piping and a $50 Apex canister muffler. Total price= $225 :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts