ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Everyone needs two Miatas. I'm actually on a semi-hunt for a third... ;)

Pete... check out Roadster-chat. There are prolly some Richmond peeps around there, or somebody there knows a Richmond person. There are a few Virginians there.

·
CR.net Supporter
1,138 Posts
Haha, wait...you're not going to be looking at it with me??

I AM a mechanic but I don't know if I feel comfortable being responsible for the possible purchase of a car... :oops:

·
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh no - I am sorry - I was looking for someone to look at the car for me - already talking to owner - it would be on of these things - "I want one of my buddies in your area to quickly look at it on [date] and if he reports back to me it is as listed, then we can go ahead with the deal...."

BUt after getting an email from the "owner" last night, I am a little bit concerned. I got an email from someone different with a weird name and had this kind of email: [email protected]

I am not sure what kind of email address this is, but they are claiming "accident free" and there is some obvious overspray in the engine bay :( And now it looks like it was finally sold - but that is ok. It seemed fishy.

Overspray can been seen on black plastic in engine bay (headlamp shrounds, etc):

Attachments

·
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not to mention the engine itself isn't looking very healthy...

He confirmed it was never repainted?
Well yes....I had communication from two differnet people....The report they emailed me looked weird. They said "Well previous owner may have had it repaainted - we do not know - but no accidents"

It was bad from the start - it sold for $3200.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts