ClubRoadster.net banner
521 - 540 of 1192 Posts

·
Mufasa in Training
34,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #522 ·
I wish I could justify it, Mike. I'm sure you'll find a buyer, though!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Does any one have 2 14" factory 7 spoke wheels like the ones on my car here?
I ordered 2 from a miata used parts dealer and they were curbed so I need some rims ASAP.
If you have all 4 15" nb wheels I would be interested also. Please let me know my car is down till I get rims.

·
Mufasa in Training
34,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #524 ·
Why don't you mount them for now so you have a car?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Does any one have 2 14" factory 7 spoke wheels like the ones on my car here?
I ordered 2 from a miata used parts dealer and they were curbed so I need some rims ASAP.
If you have all 4 15" nb wheels I would be interested also. Please let me know my car is down till I get rims.
you could just buy some rotas or some sportmaxx for like $250-400 and fit the car better...i hate spending money on stock wheels unless i can just turn around and make money on them

·
Registered
206 Posts
I would get new rims but dont really have the cash for it right now. Even some 6ul's would be over 500 plus tires.

·
Registered
72 Posts
What brake pads and rotors are you guys running? I need new pads/rotors on my 00... it's my good weather/spirited driving car... no track time... oh and I also don't want to break the bank, any good street pads/rotors you would recommend?

thanx

·
Registered
206 Posts
I just recently bought the stage 1 brake upgrade from 949 with the 1521 compound but havnt got to try them out yet. Its not cheap though but I compared the price with hawks pads and brembo blanks and it was about the same.

·
Registered
206 Posts
OEM pads are usually pretty good but seem to fade some under hard braking. The 1521 is said to have a bit better bite then OEM and a higher operating temp.

·
Mufasa in Training
34,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #533 ·
OEM pads are usually pretty good but seem to fade some under hard braking. The 1521 is said to have a bit better bite then OEM and a higher operating temp.
While you're not incorrect, you're also being a little impractical, IMHO. I run OEM pads and have never once had them fade on me, be it autocross or running down at Deal's Gap. For a street car, if fade is a real problem for you, your brakes are either badly maintained or you are going. too. fast.

·
Registered
206 Posts
On the miata I cant say cause I dont think my front pads were OEM but most cars with stock brakes yes the OEM pads and rotors are totally fine and the best choice for regular driving. I just wanted to try something better but yet still good for street driving. Ive tried Hawks before also and really liked them on my camaro. I have not tried the centric rotors yet but the brembo blanks I think are as good if not better then oem.

·
Mufasa in Training
34,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #535 ·
On the miata I cant say cause I dont think my front pads were OEM but most cars with stock brakes yes the OEM pads and rotors are totally fine and the best choice for regular driving. I just wanted to try something better but yet still good for street driving. Ive tried Hawks before also and really liked them on my camaro. I have not tried the centric rotors yet but the brembo blanks I think ae as good if not better then oem.
For 99% of us street drivers, OEM is fine. The Miata's brakes (especially with the NB hydraulic system) are quite sufficient.

·
Registered
206 Posts

·
Mufasa in Training
34,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #539 ·
For rotors, I just go to Napa. For pads (and pretty much any new OEM parts), I always call Finishline first or check their website.

521 - 540 of 1192 Posts