ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need a code reader for ODB2. does anyone in SD have one i can borrow? im trying to figure out the reason behind the check engine light on my wifes truck without going to a shop to spend a fortune.

·
Registered
72 Posts
A friend of mine who owns a '99 NB just lent me his today. Was planning on visiting my NB at the body shop and trouble-shooting it tomorrow. I have never messed with these readers before, but if you weren't far out of my way maybe we could meet up and you could give it a shot. I can't lend it to you as it isn't mine though.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Adam- in california, the auto places do not read codes for you. I know they do in georgia and such, but for some reason, no one does it here at all.

Justinstrife- i am next to miramar in tierrasanta, but im willing to drive. I dont need to bring it with me anywhere, i just want to see why the check engine light is on, so i can fix an get it to pass smog to bring on base.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Adam- in california, the auto places do not read codes for you. I know they do in georgia and such, but for some reason, no one does it here at all.

Justinstrife- i am next to miramar in tierrasanta, but im willing to drive. I dont need to bring it with me anywhere, i just want to see why the check engine light is on, so i can fix an get it to pass smog to bring on base.
I should be down in Spring Valley messing with my NB tomorrow around noonish. My cell is 619-971-4528 and maybe we can meet up.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Ive had autozone read codes for me in CA before...

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
I've got a code reader if you want to drop by, I'm in the University City area right off the 52 by the 5. I'll be here till 2: 30 today or after 5:00 tomorrow. PM me if you wanna swing by and I can give you the address.

-Ryan

·
Registered
330 Posts
a code reader will give you a system/circuit to check based on code. doesnt tell you what the problem is or how to fix it. if you cant diagnose it wont do you any good. autozone, will pull the codes for ya. so will aamco.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts