ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a truck that can tow, a little free time, and want to make some $$$? Read on.

Long story short, my car bit the bullet and developed a problem at Street of Willow this past weekend. I tried to limp it home but it made it to Palmdale before becoming undriveable. Right now it's sitting in a friend of a friend's driveway in Palmdale, and I need to get it home.

My AAA account won't tow that far and can't be upgraded to long-distance towing for another 7 months.
I've priced out the cost of renting a pickup truck and auto trailer from Uhaul but it's going to be very costly.

I'm looking for someone who has a truck with towing capacity who I could meet up with and help me get my car back to San Diego. I'll rent an auto trailer from Uhaul, pay for the gas, and compensate the truck owner for their time.

If you think you might be able to help, send me a PM.

-Ryan

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. I priced that out, but it's quite costly. It's 174 miles from where my car is sitting to home. That is my back-up plan. But, if I can just rent the auto trailer, and pay for someone's gas, it would save me a lot of $.

·
BaByGuRL!!!
5,494 Posts
Motor blew up?

·
Registered
933 Posts
^if it don't work out I have a truck let me know I'm free on Friday,Saturday and Sunday if I can make it back before 9pm

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies guys. I'm responding to all PMs and sorting this all out/trying to explore the best way to do this and the way that will inconvenience a clubroadster member the least. Again, thank you for everyone's willingness to help me out.
-Ryan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts