ClubRoadster.net banner

Anyone in Socal...

2K views 31 replies 10 participants last post by  SoCal_Brian 
#1 ·
Ever replace a clutch on their Miata? I need to have mine replaced ASAP if someone could possibly help. My clutch decided to crap out on me during the last run at the drift event at the balcony this past sunday. I'm stuck driving around my mom's Camry; please don't make me suffer like this. :shock:

I have the replacement clutch I just need some assistance since I have never replaced a clutch before. Yeah, I'm a n00b. :x

#6 ·
There's this Vietnamese place off Bolsa near the Asian Garden Mall called Lyby's Auto. The do clutches for $120 --cheap!
Hey, Linh. Glad to hear you got your car back in good shape. =D>

So, is this place reputable? Have you taken your car to them for a clutch job before? I called Hiro's and they told me it'd cost about $400, so $120 would definitely swing with me.

Fred - I just got an OEM 1.6 replacement. I'll probably get a lightweight flywheel if I can swing the price... if not, I'll just have my OEM one resurfaced.

#8 ·
damn 120- is good i'd jump on that..

did a clutch job once and i'm with Tam on this

replace your slave cyl while you're at it and clutch line wouldn't be a bad idea
Thanks, Andrew, I'll make sure to get the slave cylinder... I have a feeling mine is leaking a bit anyways... :x

P.S. Maddox is the funny

#9 ·
#10 ·
Hey, Linh. Glad to hear you got your car back in good shape. =D>

So, is this place reputable? Have you taken your car to them for a clutch job before? I called Hiro's and they told me it'd cost about $400, so $120 would definitely swing with me.

Fred - I just got an OEM 1.6 replacement. I'll probably get a lightweight flywheel if I can swing the price... if not, I'll just have my OEM one resurfaced.
They did a pretty shotty job on my super extreme racing stage 2 clutch, but everyone else i know that has gone there with OEM replacements have had nothing but good jobs.

I would recommend them for OEM only.

#12 ·
Dayam, the owner must paying it's mechanics with coupons to Lee's Sandwiches. Thats soooo cheap.
rofl. Don't hate on Lee's! That place is fuckin awesome! Vege sammich ftmfw!

edit - Thanks for the info. I will probably take it to them later on this week. Do they require appointments?

#14 ·
Martin went to Lyby's auto for the clutch job on his FC. Another guy, James with a Soarer did the same for his s14, and plenty of other guys. Mostly OEM replacements though. I drove both cars mentioned and no clutch problems like mine.

If you have a clutch like mine, take it to a speciality tuning shop. Like the Jackson Racing shop on Westminster Blvd.

#15 ·
Martin went to Lyby's auto for the clutch job on his FC. Another guy, James with a Soarer did the same for his s14, and plenty of other guys. Mostly OEM replacements though. I drove both cars mentioned and no clutch problems like mine.

If you have a clutch like mine, take it to a speciality tuning shop. Like the Jackson Racing shop on Westminster Blvd.
MB motoring, right? Next to Goldenwest?

#23 ·
Hey brian,
Got a New ACT street clutch disk and OEM slave cylinder hanging around here for the 1.6 if you are interested. You should really consider doing the flywheel while your at it instead of resurfacing your old one. You'll regain some of that loss whp..
Sounds dope, man. PM me what you want for em.

#26 ·
Cool. When are you going to get the car back?

I think i will eventually want to ditch my Stage 2 and get a street disc with a lighter flywheel. Fuji Racing 7.2lbs? Only $350 bucks!
He said either 4 or 5 he will give me a call, but it might not be done today. They close at 6 so I hope it gets done tonight... :|

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.