ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next week, I'm transporting a 2002 Miata from L.A. to Seattle and I will be hanging out in Seattle from 8/26-8/29. I'm going to stay in the extra bedroom in the condo of the car's owner.

Is there anyone who lives up there who can show me around? I've never been there and it would be nice if someone who knows the area can show me the cool stuff to see and places to eat vs. touristy stuff.

If he's available, I'd like to visit Jim Simpson on Whidbey Island.

Thanks!

Bill

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I used to... but i'm down in PDX these days man. Sorry. :-/

Get in touch with PSMG (that's G, not C) though, I'm sure one of the Gearheads'd play tour guide. :)

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
If I had the time I'd drive up there but alas...

Are you flying back down? If you were driving, I'd suggest stopping in portland on the way back. There's a few of us here. I'm sure we could put together an impromptu GTG. Nothing like you SoCal guys are used to, but something.

I second the PSMG recommendation.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will be at this car show event below on Sunday and will be in town through Tuesday if anyone wants to reach me @ 714-724-2220:

The Gathering '06
Sunday, August 27th
Hosted by: PSMC Board @ Coop's in Maple Valley
10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Cost of Event:
$15.00 for Car and Driver
$10.00 for passenger

Are you all ready for some summertime Miata fun? I can?t think of a better summer activity then attending PSMC?s annual Gathering. This event has been a PSMC annual tradition for the past fifteen years! This event has lasted so long for one reason and one reason only: it is a load of fun, pure and simple. Although not a driving event, it is a terrific event to catch-up with friends, enjoy good food and participate in all sorts of Miata Events and Games. And once again, Coop has been gracious enough to offer his place to ?gather.?

Members who attended last year will all remember trying to frantically pack their trunks for time in the Trunk Stuffing Game. Also, who could forget trying to park in the garage while blindfolded? What?s that you say? Socializing and games are not enough for you? You drive a hard bargain but ok, how about a full lunch with all sorts of dishes and desserts? We will once again be using Armadillo Catering to serve up our delicious lunch this year.

Still not enough? Alright, I know you all like to show off your beautiful roadsters right? How about a Concourse d? Elegance? That?s right folks, we will be having a judged car show for all of our gleaming beauties! There will be several categories so you are sure to find a place perfect for your Miata.

In addition to awards being handed out for the Car Show, we will also be having raffles for tons of great-donated prizes from Miata vendors. I think that it is safe to say that this is one event that really offers something for everyone.

The cost to attend will be fifteen dollars ($15.00) for the driver & car and ten dollars ($10.00) for passengers, which includes lunch. If you do not wish to eat the catered lunch, that is more than fine. However, the cost will be the same. You may pay at the gate on the day of the event.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts