·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i thought it was rare :p

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
Be careful with used St Mays; they run very low and often get beaten up badly, but you don't know until you fit them, and find the baffles blown out.

·
Registered
692 Posts
i wish my baffles were blown out, mine is too quiet!!
btw that is definately not the st.may shotgun

·
1,213 Posts
looks very like the Pit Crew Racing "clubman" exhaust to me ?

would have to see it off the car to 100% sure though :wink:

... if it is the rocket has been waiting over a year for one of these babies to pop up !

·
Registered
116 Posts
after growing impatient waiting for an rsr gt2, i have made a recipe to build something similar to a cross between the setup pictured in this thread and the rsr gt2. although i know it will be original and sound amazing, i'll share it with everyone.

2.5" mandrel bent piping to a 16" cherry bomb resonator, more 2.5" mandrel piping, 2.5" in/out straight through muffler mounted near rear bumper, then another 1.5' or so of mandrel 2.5" piping exiting the back similar to the gt2 rsr.

cherry bomb resonators can be picked up at most pepboys/kragen/etc.

the sexy but simple muffler i am using is found at summitracing.com

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=WLK-24215&N=4294923429+4294922711+4294922710+115&autoview=sku

this setup will have a deep rumble like a v8 at idle, scream in the high end, and have almost no raspy noise. (the addition of the cherry bomb resonator is critical though.)

making a great sounding cat-back for most little i4's is really simple.

·
1,213 Posts
looks very like the Pit Crew Racing "clubman" exhaust to me ?
I think there must be an early version and a later version of this exhaust since mine doesn't look like that.
I think there is a bit of confusion over what model is called the "clubman" by Pit Crew !!!

they used to sell one with twin tips and a single version ... they still sell the same one as you have with the oval mufflers and stubbier pipes ... perhaps they just refer to them all as clubman ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts