ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,345 Posts
Supposedly Fortune is better than the typical Chinese Alibaba coilovers.

I haven't seen any actual empirical evidence to support that though. For 1.1k you can get a proven setup so I don't really see the point in buying them.

·
Registered
78 Posts
my friend has fortune auto coils on his evo x. he really likes them. he doesn't track or anything, just the occasional street race and the car is pretty low and handling isn't too bad at the height he's at. i've driven the car a few times when i'd dd for my boys and it's stiff, but not intolerable for a street car.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Did you get refunded? What actually happened?
no. they're still on my car since it's my dd and i can't have the off for the week or two it would take to send them out to fortune to have them fix it. not sure what happened. just drove around on them for 5k miles and then they decided to blow after an adventure on a bumpy road hahaha

·
Registered
485 Posts
The only problem I've seen with them is that the spring rates 1-2kg off what they are marked. I had a Evo X come in with 10kg rated springs and they ended up being roughly 9kg,11kg,11kg, and one at 12kg.

·
Premium Member
6,345 Posts
The only problem I've seen with them is that the spring rates 1-2kg off what they are marked. I had a Evo X come in with 10kg rated springs and they ended up being roughly 9kg,11kg,11kg, and one at 12kg.
If that's actually true, these are utter trash. Not surprising.

·
Registered
253 Posts
The ride is really smooth and is a complete upgrade of stock but that is obvious. They are solid and handle well under hard cornering. These are my first coilovers so I cannot compare them to other brands.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I had it on my 92. Its no different than other cheap coilovers like megans, but hey it works. Although its not as good as konis, its better than nothing. My car just came with it when I got it. A week later I bought konis and never looked back.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Supposedly Fortune is better than the typical Chinese Alibaba coilovers.
LoL man your killing me. But its true, Ive seen some weird chines coilovers lately. With some of them having some fake damping adjust-ability. I met a guy at a meet a while back who was showing me his new coils. He was adjusting the stiffness all the way down soft and it was still hard like Fred Flintstones car. He then turned it up to max stiff and the turning knob fell off.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts