ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone run diamondracing wheels on their daily driving? i was thinking of picking up a set of 14inch's for my car so i can autocross it and have nice performance tires in the summer. But i have no idea what offset or if it's durable on the streets. i'm running on tein flexes atm. any info?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I ran them full time 14x7+0 for months, no problems at all. I was running gc/agx.

just decide what offset (backspace) you like and give them a call, they are easy to deal with.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sid, what are your road conditions like? where i live is kinda in the mountains and there are potholes and bumps everywhere...

and what's a decent offset to not damage my wheel bearings?

·
Registered
559 Posts
I daily drive diamonds with kumhos. I live in louisiana which is the worst roads ever. They actually recently failed road safety tests.

mine are 15x8 +12 (5in backspace)

here is a backspace to offset chart

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Miazda318, awesome, what year is your miata? i've heard of some issues with brake clearance. Of course with 15x8's there should be no problem. But i have a 96 miata and i wonder if a 14x8, 5inch backspace is good enough...

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
sid, what are your road conditions like? where i live is kinda in the mountains and there are potholes and bumps everywhere...

and what's a decent offset to not damage my wheel bearings?
san diego roads are pretty wrecked most of the year, well the places I drive... loads of potholes and gaps from cracking.

0 damage to the wheel bearings, I really wish whoever is spreading this would eat their own ass.
I have 194k on my wheel bearings and put 25k on low offset wheels solid daily duty and have had no problem with my wheel bearings...

·
Registered
559 Posts
I have the normal bowl shaped rim. I think someone on here had a 94 and had 13in diamonds on it. So i gues 14 will fit, but do as much research as possible.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts