ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking of going with a few diferent wheel set-ups. Im curious about 16x8 (offset to be decided....maybe 35) and wanted to know if anyone elese is running this size and what your set up is (suspension, fender mods). Or even if somebody has a pic of a NA with 16x8's on it, I would love to see.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow, months? They told me around augest 24th thats about 6-7 weeks from when i ordered! Dont worry "MAX" the second I get them they are gonna get painted white!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nope, just painting the "face", the lip will stay polished.

Sacrilege... ?????????????? explain

·
3,857 Posts
Well I was the one that asked them to bring these babies in the USA :mrgreen: and of course I'm still the first \:D/
I paid 6 months ago :wink:
They ordered 4 sets (since they couldn't order only one) and they were planning to have all of them delivered on the 24th...
Anyway I'm also getting them on the 24th =D>

If you are planning to run anything other than 205 you need to roll the fenders.
I'm thinking to run 215-40
Some people tried to fit 225s but there was a lot of rubbing #-o
I'm sure that I can do it if I want to but 225 I think it's just a bit of too much for my engine...

Anyway here is the PDCs with 215s...let me know if you want o know anything else 8)

BTW Rota told me that they are 17lbs, but they might be closer to 20lbs...

·
3,857 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MAX: so do you think you can run the 215-40 with no splash guards up front and maybe bending some of the tabs on the inside of the fender up. Meaning, not actually rolling the fender?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
asianrice02 (No subject)
Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:14 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

good win has 16x8 enkei wrapped in 245/35/16!

Good Win Racing team? got a link or pics?

·
3,857 Posts
MAX: so do you think you can run the 215-40 with no splash guards up front and maybe bending some of the tabs on the inside of the fender up. Meaning, not actually rolling the fender?
I think 215 would be the sweet spot for me...but hey I have only a poor JRSC...if I have an uber or an FM2 or a custom turbo with more than 300 WHP would be a different story...

But even 215 w/o rolled fender will rub!
So I'll roll the fenders just to be capable or running 225 in auto-x...

Just to know ET 35 for 16x8 it's the right size for the NAs!
It just couldn't be better than that...but if you need to put 245 that's another story!
Don't forget that 90% of the NAs rolled out on 185 tires (I still have these in the front)....

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Are you gonna use the old baseball bat method? :shock: I have been thinking of just completely cutting the area you would roll on the front fenders using a cut-off wheel. Obviously making sure there are not sharp edges left. I have yet to see a clean fender roll job that managed to get alot of material out of the way.

·
3,857 Posts
Camtheman
I'll use a fender roller!

Regarding tires, I changed my mind and I wanted 215/45/16 but the Toyos T1R come only in 215/40/16 :(

So I have to change back :mrgreen: or to take the Azenis (which I don't want to)...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the $200-$300 fender roller I saw listed in another post? bolts to the wheel studs and has a soft roller?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts