ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using a fuel pressure regulator on low boost applications vs an EMS? I have a 1.6 as my DD and truly do not want more than 6-8lbs of boost, as I'm building a V8 miata as the go fast toy and just want to give this car a little more umph. I do not have the time or desire to install an ems on this car, just set it and forget it. Its either low boost with some spare change I have laying around, or no boost.

So, some basic questions. The AFPR I ordered is a 1:1. In setting this thing up, are you just looking at the wideband at idle and make sure to start at 14.7, then do some short runs listening for knock/watching the wideband for lean numbers, and adjust the fpr from there?

If Im completely off base, whats the tuning process for these? I'm running a 1.6 automatic (swapped a 5sp in there) if that matters.

Has anyone else done a simple turbo setup like this?

·
Registered
341 Posts
You are gonna need a rising rate fuel pressure regulator that can be changed to different values, the stock FPR is a 1:1 unit.

something like 6:1 where for every lb over atmo you get 6 extra lbs of fuel pressure.
like this here

The FMU won't\shouldn't effect fueling out of postive pressure\boost.
It should idle like it would normally, if it doesn't something else is wrong.

the one in the pic usually comes with plates that interchage to change the rates at which they increase fuel pressure (example 6:1,8:1,10:1,etc)
Another problem though is lean tip in where your still under closed loop operation and wants to take away fuel even when you go into boost.

I did have a setup like this I used a votech super FMU and ran in open loop mode, disconnect o2 sensor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts