ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Miata.net regulars should know who I'm talking about. Just curious, I kind of miss his smart-ass remarks.

I don't venture over there anymore unless I need to filter through the archives for technical stuff. The Car Talk forum makes me want to punch babies.

If anyones seen a bwob posting, please link me!

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Rumors abound about where bwob is and what he's doing. Truth is he got burnt out talking to people on the internet about Miatas day in and day out so a year or two ago he retired from Miata.net. He was living in Australia but then I heard he got mixed up in the Malcolm Bricklin project to import Chinese cars to the USA. I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for his return. But you never know, rock bands have farewell tours all the time only to return to the studio a year or two later.

·
Registered
145 Posts
AFAIK, he works for Proton (the Malaysian car company) and has done so for the past few yrs. Lives in KL, Malaysia.

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
Met him once. Seemed like a nice guy at first, but as soon as he found out my Miata was FI, he treated me like I just pooped my pants and changed my name to Ruprecht. Snobbish...

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
Wonder if he know's there is a job going at MG USA after Duke Hale left? Plus rumours that the MGs are going to get a Proton engine, in addition to hybrid powertrains.

I wouldn't be surprised if he does have an interest in that project. Proton own Lotus. Lotus have been contracted by Nanjing to sort out the MG-TF Coupe & Roadster chassis. Nanjing have also entered into an agreement to manufacture Proton engines. In a wierd link-up, Duke Hale used to run Mazda North America. And Bwob is a Brit car fan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts