Supporting Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a set last weekend cant wait to mount them on my 15x9 6ul.:D

·
Supporting Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i thought they just came out a few months ago?

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
A little over a year ago. Still nothing earth shattering. Less dry grip then competitors, less wet grip, performance drops quickly as it ages.. Just minor advances in each category but that's not saying much over the old 615.

·
Garage Quinn Motors - GQM
2,847 Posts
I have run both the 615's and the 615K's. The K's are definately better than the old ones. In addition, they communicate more at their limit both in feel and noise. After the Azenis' price increase, the Kuhmo XS has become my new favorite bang for the buck grippy street tire.

·
garageSTAR Supporter
1,248 Posts
I know the K's have been out for a couple of years. As far as a street tire, for grip, they are awesome. One who is looking for a tire like this, nows life, isn't a priority. Only complaint i have, is under repeated abuse, they get greasy.

·
Supporting Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks norman now ima go kill myself anyway if i have time pictures soon and my car that i picked up for 2k

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
thanks norman now ima go kill myself anyway if i have time pictures soon and my car that i picked up for 2k
:dunno: Just giving publically available information. If you're coming from all seasons you're still bound be omgwtff I'm a racecar driver now. Is that reassuring?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Depends what you are using them for really.. The best track tire no. Killer fun street tire that can handle a trackday yeh. I have to say they new k's are I thought a big jump in performance. Now I drive them differently with drift but they don't get greasy like the old ones were notorious for. I run 205/50/15 and love the feel of the tire. It isnt a R compound so you can definetly go with more grip tire. I love the all around performance of em. I have just put the broken in set on my daily greddy miata and so far feel great. See how they wear as time goes..

Dont drive r comps or everything after feels like it has no grip lol

p.s. buy Falkens guys.. I am putting the seed into their ear about needing to make some wider 15's!!!

·
Supporting Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thankyou guys for the input. i just mounted the tires pictures 2m! and this is my D/D got from a friend for dirt cheap 10th AE with 148K $2000 came with a hardtop {color match} 6ul 15x9 wheels i sold for silvers.

·
4,296 Posts
guys .
the dots on the azenis are meant for balancing against the valve stem. ones red and ones yellow.
where do the dots go in relation to the stem?

im sure its minimal , but ive ignored it so many times , i want those damn dots lined up

·
Registered
99 Posts
guys .
the dots on the azenis are meant for balancing against the valve stem. ones red and ones yellow.
where do the dots go in relation to the stem?

im sure its minimal , but ive ignored it so many times , i want those damn dots lined up

I forget the red dot, but the yellow dot is the lightest part of the tire. You put that yellow dot by the valve stem which is supposed to be the heaviest part of the wheel. When I mount my tires, I put the dot on the valve stem and do not have vibrations... atleast I dont with my semi hollows I autocross on. I dont wheel weight them and theyre fine.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts