ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

A friend of mine gave this to me. I know the "step 2" (bottle on the right) goes into the gas tank. they used this for fuel system cleaning or something. Lmk!

·
Registered
862 Posts
I agree, the BG 44K is some great stuff. I have heard either the GM or Chrysler engine cleaner is amazing when the multi step process is done right.

·
enormous gay swords.
6,360 Posts
I don't know the names but I use a 3 pack combo with every oil change.

1 oil additive that helps the oil get molecules in to the actual metal and 2 fuel additives: an ethanol drier and a fuel system cleaner. My engine revs and feels smoother and my gas mileage (when cruising) and power (when racing) have gone up noticeably

·
Registered
196 Posts
I've had good experience with Seafoam...1/3rd in the oil, 1/3rd in the gas tank, 1/3rd sucked in through a vacuum line. Run it for a few minutes to clean all the crap out, change the oil, and it's done.

·
I have the sack you want to ride.
4,639 Posts
I've had good experience with Seafoam...1/3rd in the oil, 1/3rd in the gas tank, 1/3rd sucked in through a vacuum line. Run it for a few minutes to clean all the crap out, change the oil, and it's done.
This right here is the bomb. Only I do 1/2 can through the intake, 1/2 can in the gas tank. Haven't ever done any in the oil but it's probably not a bad idea for cars with HLA's.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
+1 for Seafoam!

Watch some Youtube videos so you know what to expect. There could be a lot of smoke!

I've used Lucas products occasionally but I've never found anything that made the motor feel different like the Seafoam did. I bought the car at 194,000 miles. At 202,000 I dumped in Seafoam (1/3 tank, oil, vacuum). The car puffed out smoke for a few minutes after finishing the treatment and then after changing the oil and driving through a couple tanks of gas, my mpgs went up by 3mpg on every fill since then. Today I'm at 212,000 miles and mpgs have been holding steady.

·
Registered
196 Posts
hmm.. I'll try the seafoam
Make sure when you suck it in through the vac line you pinch the line off and suck it in SLOWLY - too much at once and you'll hydrolock the engine. If the hose isn't pinched off sufficiently you'll probably stall it (big vacuum leak).

Depending on the car, you will get some to a LOT of smoke. My well-maintained 120k miles S14 smoked a bit, but wasn't bad. My beat-to-****, 8-ish owner 189k Civic smokescreened the entire yard. I also managed to nearly overheat the thing cause the cooling fan wasn't working at the time. and I wasn't watching the temp gauge.

I'd love to try some before and after pictures of the intake mani, head, etc., but to date I've been too lazy to do so. It definitely seems to pull a lot of crap out of the engine though. Be careful and you'll be fine. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So at work they use a certain tool to do the cleaning. (yeah sea foam). It's a lot easier than having to pinch a line and wait until it's finish. I'll post some pictures later. FYI they won't tell me where they got it. Stay tuned folks!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Seafoam is awesome. I don't put it in the oil, though. 1/2 into the intake and 1/2 into the fuel.

If you put it in the oil make sure you do an oil change immediately (get the oil hot and then change it). The seafoam will lower the viscosity of the oil which could damage things if you drive with it for a long time.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here's the pictures. I believe this would make it sooooo much easier for seafoam-ing

Any ideas how to make this!?! Lol

the part# in the back says PIA-10. Searched on google. nothing..

·
Registered
496 Posts
x324235 for seafoam.
i have always had great results in all 10 vehicles (over 6 years) i've used it in.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
The reservoir... I don't know, probs can use a water bottle or somethings.
The clear tubing can be found at any hardware store. I believ the picture is of 1/4" tubing, but let's not stall the engine and see if you can find smaller tubing at least for the last part in 1/8".
The other things are fittings found in the plumming section and a valve.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I'd say just get your Cruise control vacuum line. It's long as heck! And just dip it into the container that should be placed around the throttle body, so you can modulate the throttle and suck (hehe).

·
4,296 Posts
dont listen to this guy ^^^

the system at work is basically a drip system , which is used to regulate the amount going in . very necessary so you dont hydrolock the pistons.
theyre are other ways to regulate it , but the drip system is the most foolproof .

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've read that after sucking it slowly through the intake, that that your supposed to let it take one big gulp which will stall the engine, then let it sit for like 10 min to allow the seafoam to soak and work its magic, then start it and run the smoke out...does anyone do this??, i have on my grand cherokee and theres been no problem doing this,,just though 'd get some input before i do it the msm???

1 - 20 of 20 Posts