ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few of my honda friends have been using Uberdata on their ITB and turbo set-ups and wondering if there is anything comparable for miatas? Or of we can even use it?

For those that don't know, Uberdata is an ingenious Windows-based program that allows to adjust parameters in the ecu, as welll as data-logging capabilities. You have to do some soldering to the ecu, but its all very basic. More info:

http://uberdata.pgmfi.org/faq/index.html#9

It'll sure save a bunch of money compared to the AEM P+P.

Thoughts?

·
Banned
1,330 Posts
I'll look into uber/crome/te like options once I get my obd1 ecu out of the car and my MS in.

Megasquirt seems to be the best option... BUT... I've seen old jdm things that lead me to believe the obd1 ecus are hackable.

The question is... are there enough tech people that are willing to hack it. I'm usefull for testing... I tune with crome/turboedit... but I can't code for ****. We'd need alot of development to hack the ecu and then assemble a program that can interpret and lay out useable maps.

If anything comes of my searches... I'll be sure to post it.

btw: i'd be asking the pgmfi guys to help, I know some of the developers of the programs through betatesting I've tried to help with... if anyone can do it its them... of course if they have the time/willingness.

·
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Megasquirt seems to be the best option... BUT... I've seen old jdm things that lead me to believe the obd1 ecus are hackable.

The question is... are there enough tech people that are willing to hack it. I'm usefull for testing... I tune with crome/turboedit... but I can't code for ****. We'd need alot of development to hack the ecu and then assemble a program that can interpret and lay out useable maps.
If anything comes of my searches... I'll be sure to post it.

btw: i'd be asking the pgmfi guys to help, I know some of the developers of the programs through betatesting I've tried to help with... if anyone can do it its them... of course if they have the time/willingness.
No ****. I've met and talked to the owner of Hondata and him and his crew are NERDS to the upteenth degree. We need some computer geek/hackers in the miata community.

·
Garage Quinn Motors - GQM
2,847 Posts
I ran uberdata in my old turbo gsr swapped 92 civic hatch. I put down 232 whp and 184 ft/lb on all stock internals and 7 psi.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts