ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I'm not sure if Blues City is still around or not. You'll need to check the pointy board to find out, most likely.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I'm in north alabama (I know your pain), there just arent a whole lot of miata guys (under 50) in this area. There are a few of us scattered throughout the southeast. A good bit in georgia and florida.

There use to be a website called midtennesseemiata.com or midtennmiata.com, something like that. Unfortunately, I think they went out of business.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Re: Anything Happing in West Tennessee

It was MidTennMiata.com and they made some really nice fixed mount headlights for NA's.

I am in Knoxville, and can't offer much help for you locally, but I have passed this thread around to a couple different people in your area.

This information is listed on the Miata.net club listing for Alabama and TN:
Blues City Miata Club
Amy Munsell
PO Box 528093
Memphis, TN 38152-0001
901-373-5314
[email protected]
I don't know if they are still around or not, but it wouldn't hurt to give them a call or an email. I looked around a little and couldn't find a website for them.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hey!

I'm not really a noob here, just never had anything to contribute here until now.

There is no active club right now in the Memphis area right now. The former Blues City club turned into a closed social club for the 50 and over about 6 years ago.

Most Sunday afternoons you can catch the 20 and under Rice-a-Roni club at Shelby Farms near the old stables. They're a decently friendly group but I never found that to be my scene. Too much engine revving and machismo and not enough driving.

Shoot me a PM if you ever want to get together some time. A friend of mine and I both have Yadas among other things and like to have garage days every 6-8 weeks. Would love to have another person (and car) to tinker with if you're interested.

BTW--Do not call or email Amy. That's all I'll say about that. Need to mention to Gary we need to remove her info from M.net.

--Chris

·
Registered
30 Posts

Yeah, I tried looking when I first nabbed my car, but to no avail. It still has the Blues City sticker, so I guess it was related to the club somehow.

·
Supporting Member
409 Posts
You live in pickem' truck country ... you need to get into the big city every now and then! I pass by at least 2 or 3 a day on the way to work and there are three in my work parking lot along with a couple of S2000's, Sky's and Solsti, a few Porsches and a Viper Coupe that shows up on occasion and then. On the way home from work I followed I guy I work with that has a black 97 and we ended up at a stoplight side by side and there was a red NA at the crossroad!

I haven't heard of Pipley, do you mean Ripley? We looked at a few houses way out there when we first moved down here. Go over to Memphis Motorsports Park for the autocrosses once a month, there's always a couple over there

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, bringing this up from the dead I know... I've had my Miata for around a year now and would love to have a Miata club in the Memphis area. From the Miata.net forums I know there are a couple people interested, but thought I would look for interest on these forums as well. So, anyone else interested?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts