ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this is old news or what, but I was just at advance auto looking for a fuel pressure guage when an employee informed me that APC is going out of business. Hopefully this means a little less rice on the road. Makes me want to break out a bottle of champaign...

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Say what you will- at least APC made original products. Unlike the rest of the rip-off fakers that just blindly copy things from Japan- they are the ones that ruin our hobby.

APC > Rota in my book.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Say what you will- at least APC made original products. Unlike the rest of the rip-off fakers that just blindly copy things from Japan- they are the ones that ruin our hobby.

APC > Rota in my book.
nothing in the world is completely original. nor you or i are original. so who wins now? rota thrives and while apc wilts.

·
Registered
459 Posts
c'mon now guys. apc rocks the house! i really think its the humor in those products that make it fun. its cheap to get...making it simple for a replacement product like taillights. or just to have it as hobby...really nice if you can change it out like flavors of the week.

sure they suck... but if you can look at it from a past time kinda product, its probably why its so cheap. of course its quality does not exceed stock, but then again, its like those oil caps...just for show.

i'm hanging on to some red apc hood pins like they are pez dispensers...maybe for a day like this, the announcement of their goin outta business. and of course, no i never thought of actually using the apc hood pins on MY car.

·
Registered
698 Posts
We can bag on APC all we want, but at the end of the day it's all about distribution. APC can be bought at just about every national Autoparts chain (Pepboy, Murray's, Autozone, Kragen etc.) Where as Rota is not that well known...yet. We have the NOPI Tour to thank for the huge popularity of the APC Ricer lights trend.

·
Registered
45 Posts
APC never made ANYTHING original. Copying euro lights and the Toyota Altezza lights for every single car is not original....... Big aluminum bench wings.......not original........fart cans.......not original.

Wait.....the LED shift knob may have been original....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts