ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone had tried the Apexi N1 Cat-Back. If so i would like to hear your pros and cons about it.

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Just so there is no misunderstanding here- the Apexi N1 for the Miata does NOT look like the typical N1 exhaust. It looks basically just like a regular exhaust. Imagine just a regular JR/Racing Beat/Bosal/enthuza exhaust, but with the muffler being smaller and round.

So if you're going for the 'N1 look' this is not it.

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
OK, carview to the rescue gain! Here are some pics of the Apexi N1 exhausts:

Not very interesting is it?

Oh yes- the Apexi N1 for the NB roadster is indeed a N1 style exh. Just not for the NA sadly.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Ya looks like the run of the mill RB, Bosal even OBX...I guess you could always buy a universal APEXI muffler and side mount it ala RSR, but I wonder how that would sound? I`m sure someone`s done it..

·
Registered
261 Posts
also if you look at the picture on the ebay link that isnt a miata exhaust...
looking at the hangers and the first bend its a drivers side exit exhaust

·
Registered
189 Posts
that pic is wrong, i had one on my car, never got pics befor it BROKE!!!, the welding totaly ripped outa the sheet metal can. its a 2 1/4 pipe with a resonator, then goes to 2.5 at the rear axle, and makes a 90 onto a big crapy muffler, and then 90 out the back through like the universal size n1 muffler, but cut in half, its like a 8" long n1 tip but in the universal size. it looks pretty good, and its all nice stainless , they gave me my money back for it cause i bought it through nopi, sorry i dont have pics of this exhaust on my car

·
Registered
200 Posts
I know this is old, and jesse already got pics up, but I stumbled upon the pics of one of our own member's car with the apexi N1. I think he's "muvovr" on miata.net; I know I've seen that username before, but he's not under muvovr here. Anyways those are the only pics I have of the N1.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
wait second, that RSR is wierd, its and AXLe back Bolt on! Never noticed that. All newer ones where full pipping with slip fit....

huh, cool.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts