860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back story:
I had this,

Work Meister by ApexScalpel, on Flickr

I sold it and the new owners did this:

My old NA under new ownership by ApexScalpel, on Flickr

My old NA under new ownership by ApexScalpel, on Flickr

And then they did this autocrossing for the first time on R6's in the rain.

All the while I was looking for an Evo, a low mile stock Evo. I found this in Pittsburg.

2003 Mitsubishi Evolution by ApexScalpel, on Flickr

Nice by ApexScalpel, on Flickr

The Miata owners gave me my RE Amemiya shift knob back when I found out that the Evo has the same thread.

I took it to Sebring and boiled the Motul 600 in 4 laps and turned the Brembos into Brownbos into Shitbos...

I then installed the AMS brake ducting kit.

The front bumper comes off much easier than the Miatas did.

They went in pretty clean.

Went back to Sebring for some bass fishing

One of the puny studs broke when I was rotating the tires, so some extended ARP's went in.

While I was at it I put some solid shifter bushings in for that Miata like shift feel...

Did some light painting at the Haitian gang members body dumping location.

Evo and the Everglades by ApexScalpel, on Flickr

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another weekend at Sebring, car ran really well except for some wobbly suspension bits right at the end.

Chasing my dad in his M3

Chasing a hella fast Miata (not sure if it was Spec or Nasa TTD prepared)

My dad and I hipstering at Sebring.

At this point I had had enough of the body roll so I found some Tein Monoflexes for sale on Evom.

11kg front and 14 kg rear.

I stripped them and cleaned them put them back to the factory settings so I could experiment with the ride height properly.

I noticed that my Brembos are going to need a rebuild and that I should probably be running titanium backing plates in the future.

Monster truck before:

Hotness after.

In the near future I will be attempting to mount some 18x10.5 +15 RPF-1's that I have sitting in my garage.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Pretty cool. Especially that your dad also likes to drive. (^o^ )

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very nice. Spring rates are legit, haha. Feel the car rotating better with the stiffer springs in the back?
Yeah, I haven't had a chance to take to the track yet, but I can definitely feel a difference on on ramps and off ramps.

If you're looking for suspension for you car, look up these. They did my Ohlins on my Miata. AMAZING!!! Customized specs and they kill in Evo land.

http://www.muellerized.com/suspension/ohlins_evo89_small.jpg

[URL="http://www.muelleried.com"]Muellerized[/URL]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN7fFcnd-vM[/url][/QUOTE]

I didn't have $4k to spend on coilovers, and I'm pretty happy with the Teins that I just purchased.

[QUOTE="stormin'norman, post: 1071292, member: 3545"]Excellent stuff. What pads were you running with the evo Brembos?[/QUOTE]

Carbotech XP12's front and rear, I'm going to try XP16's in the front for the next event.

·
Hide yo kids hide yo wife
6,286 Posts
How does it feel, going from low power RWD to decent power AWD?

Awesome Dad, I wish my dad tracked with me! xD

1 - 20 of 21 Posts