ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend and I will be hosting a private event at Thunderhill on April 25 that we'll be limiting to 40 cars with two sessions and then an additional session for Motorcycles.

So the format of the event will be 2 20 minute sessions for cars and then 1 20 minute for motorcycles. The sessions will run every hour except for lunch so we should be able to get 8 sessions in for everyone. It will be $200 per person and there should be plenty of clear track and track time!

Reserve your spot now! We will be limiting the amount of drivers. I'm taking payments through paypal at [email protected] or if you'd like to send check I can give you an address also. I can probably also do a bank/wire transfer but i'd prefer Paypal

PM me with any questions!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sounds like a fun time.

Never been to a THill event where there's both sessions for Moto's and Auto's.

Midweek is a hard sell.

I just paid up for NCRC on May 4th a few days ago, their prices are a bit more competitive. Albeit they run 4 run groups...

Is the price for the motorcycles $200 as well?

Thanks for the heads up, and good luck! Hope you have a good event.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like a fun time.

Never been to a THill event where there's both sessions for Moto's and Auto's.

Midweek is a hard sell.

I just paid up for NCRC on May 4th a few days ago, their prices are a bit more competitive. Albeit they run 4 run groups...

Is the price for the motorcycles $200 as well?

Thanks for the heads up, and good luck! Hope you have a good event.
Yea the value is with only having about 15 cars in your run groups and 8 sessions. It is $200 for motorcycles also.

·
Registered
446 Posts
No interest for tons of track time on a weekday? :)
When I used to participate in Private Track Days, we had a maximum of 15 participants for the entire day and no run groups. That, was awesome! :mrgreen:

Mike

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
sounds kinda scammy.... no posts, doesn't give many details on who is hosting it, no one knows him, bank wire transfer / check to an address?

no thank you. i'd want verification from thunderhill first.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sounds kinda scammy.... no posts, doesn't give many details on who is hosting it, no one knows him, bank wire transfer / check to an address?

no thank you. i'd want verification from thunderhill first.

I just got my Miata recently which is the reason for no posts. I am the one hosting it with another friend.

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/936872-april-25-private-track-day/

That's the event I posted on S2Ki. As you can see i've been an active member on there for 6 years. The event is also posted on Thunderhill's calender if you check. I am also working with motorsportreg to get an event created there and then having that linked from Thunderhill's website.

Let me know if anyone still has questions/concerns over the validity of this event. I'm really doing this mostly for my friends and I need more attendees to cover the costs of the event.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I used to participate in Private Track Days, we had a maximum of 15 participants for the entire day and no run groups. That, was awesome! :mrgreen:

Mike
I'm thinking about combining the two auto groups and then just having people jump on and off whenever in those 40 minutes but i'll play by ear. There will only be a max of 40 people at this event including bikes. So at max 30 cars at this event.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I'm thinking about combining the two auto groups and then just having people jump on and off whenever in those 40 minutes but i'll play by ear. There will only be a max of 40 people at this event including bikes. So at max 30 cars at this event.
You're organizing something good here. I'm a big fan of small but, responsible track events.

Back in '05 while participating in Private Track Day, I filled up my STi with fuel, got on the track and ran it until it was nearly empty before I pulled back into the pits.
You would never be able to do that at an average track event.

If the event was closer, and I had the time to participate... I'd be there.
Perhaps in the near future.

Mike

·
Registered
409 Posts
Sounds like a good time. If I had the money I'd be down for sure. $200 just is too much for me to spend at the moment. You should definitely start doing these private events more in the future if possible.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts