ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As mentioned in a previous post, I am posting up some goods.

Picked up this miata in early april. It's a 1997, pretty much basic when I got it.

In terms of modifications, I have so far done FM Vmaxx coils dropped to 12.4 front (driver's slightly higher) and 12.8 rear. Also got some black 14x7 Enkei RPF1's with Falken Azenis tires. Latest is a custom exhaust, Aero resonator with Aero 2540i muffler/tip.

The exhaust isn't unbearable, but definitely loud as f***. Idle and low rpm driving sounds like a bloody catless Sti. Probably going to get another small res. welded up in place of the stock p.o.s. resonator.

Anyway, enjoy:

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Zs5aWpKmWA

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea the guy that did the welding had it sticking too far out and low. was hoping to get the tailpipe flush with the cut out...

And the muffler is about as far from a glasspack as any muffler. The aero muffler design is essentially inferior to none.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The Aero muffler, while deep and dynamic, was just too loud. I had a local shop cut out the stock mid pipe resonator, replace that with 2 1/4 in. along with the aero resonator. He then welded up a 14. in magnaflow muffler in the stock location, and then converted the tube to 4 inch a bit before the tip, along with the 4 inch Aero tail pipe (cut from the muffler). It looks way clean and is quiet, but deep still, with a bit of grunt at W.O.T.

Also made a DIY Stock intake hybrid ghetto rig. Ran about 3 feet of 2 in. braided vinyl clear tube from the back of the air box, up along the rim of the engine bay, down right behind the flap of the closed barn door. I have it wedged under the metal support as you can see. Figuring that the temps. would still be warm-ish with the barn door closed, I drilled out about a 1.5 x 2 inch hole in the metal fender area, right under the inlet of the tube (not seen in pic)

*Update: concerned with the diameter of the modded air box inlet tubing, i did a test. With a hand held in front of the inlet, even at higher RPMs it seems that the air induction isn't very great, in fact I would say that the tubing has sufficient enough flow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts