ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Esteemed Member
3,776 Posts
Jackson makes good stuff, only thing I dont like is there exhaust tip is a bit big for my taste

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
really, you think its too big? Man it fills in the factory location perfectly. It only looks big when not installed, but once its all hidden under the bumper its great!

here is a picture of my old one after i took it off the car.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I don't think it's so much that the tip is too *big* for me, but that it's big *and* it has a rolled edge, so it looks big and fat. If it had a cut edge it wouldn't look as ginormous.

·
CR.net Supporter
555 Posts
My experience with JR cats was a nightmare. First one the ceramic liner fell apart . Sounded like a soda can bouncing around in my exhaust at idle. Call Oscar Jackson and he sent me a replacement. Two weeks later...same thing. Sent another and this time it would not pass smog. Bought a Moss replacement and passed emissions. JR did refund my money. As for the exhaust system, I think they sound excellent, but the exhaust tip sticks out too far from the bumper. I asked Oscar about this years ago. He said he did it on purpose so you could see his logo. I've had 9 systems on my cars that I can remember. Currently....Show car- Bosal, Wifes car- Borla, Shop car- Ansa. My favorite has always been the Borla. Lightweight, lasts forever, and has a great exhaust note. Bang for the buck...no question, the Ansa. That's after you burn off the paint. It's stinks like hell the first time it heats up.

·
Banned
5,894 Posts
i bought a JR high flow and a moss replacement cat about 1 month apart.

i was taking out the moss replacement cat (it's magnaflow) and placed it on the ground next to the JR cat. THEY_ARE_THE_EXACT_SAME. the jr cat had "jackson racing" stamped into the casing. they BOTH had the same cat, the same tubing, EVERYTHING. the jr cat was $179, the moss replacement was $99.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
hows the headers n high flow cat phatmiata?
The headers are a super easy install, slips right into place with very little manuvering. I noticed some more mid-range power, feels a tad better on the hwy. I got mine used, as retail was alot to bite off. I think if you have an NB a header is a great upgrade, however NA's will notice very minimal gains unless you have the whole package, Intake, Header, Free Flow Cat, and Catback exhaust.

As for the JR Cat, my stock one took a dump, honeycomb started blowing out and clogging, so i got what was available at the time (back in 1999), a JR Cat. It works fine, but expensive like the rest of the JR parts.

Later i would like to try a Maruha Cat or something just for shitz and giggles. But they are like $300+ USD :shock:

PcolasNA said:
thats AFTER!?

how long was it on there for?
That's after about 20K miles, and....... a fresh repaint with High-Temp rattle can paint. :wink: I bought new exhaust gaskets and bolts from Racing Beat for it (showing in the picture) becasue i was not gonna sell the system with rusted bolts and worn looking gaskets.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've had a JR highflow + catback for about a month on my NA. It installed easily but I had to have the tip heated and moved slightly as it would not center in the bumper correctly. Its got a nice sound - a little raspy around 3200-3500rpm or so.

Anyone put this system with a turbo before?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts