ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
I can't seem to keep myself away from miatas, not that I'm complaining. This weekend I picked up another one. I've been on the hunt for a clean NB for some time now and when the link to this 10AE was sent to me, I had to have it (thanks Oregonmon :)). I'll let the pictures do most of the talking. (Most of these pictures weren't taken by me, whoever is in charge of taking photos for this lot knows what they're doing.)

It was love at first sight :claugh:
The car has some work done to it already. What I'm the most excited about is the turbo, it has the FMII kit. I'll get a complete list of parts together this weekend, there's a fair bit that wasn't listed in the ad.

Between the color and "googly" eyes I can't help but think of the Cookie Monster so that's what I've decided to name him. Her? It? I don't know.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do to it first but a bucket is definitely in the near future. The space difference from a NA to NB is a lot more than I thought it would be. I'm 6'3" so I'm pretty cramped lol. I absolutely love this car though, turbo is a lot of fun, I was missing out.​

·
Registered
'01 MX-5 LS '96 LX-450 '19 Fit
881 Posts
Re: Cookie Monster - Arjays' turbo 10AE

Glad to see you ended up getting this!

·
I own Laz and you don't.
2,542 Posts

yeah the guys at speed sports do some great photography with the cars they sell, congrats on the buy!!! what is it using for management, also out of curiosity you should hit the dyno and see what it makes now.

·
CSTG
3,229 Posts

From the PMs he's sending me with pics of the stock ECU, sounds like voodoo box.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Glad to see you ended up getting this!
Thanks man, I'm loving it so far.

Great looking car with great mods, congrats! : 3gears:
Thank you :)

yeah the guys at speed sports do some great photography with the cars they sell, congrats on the buy!!! what is it using for management, also out of curiosity you should hit the dyno and see what it makes now.
Thank you! So when I popped my head under to take a look at the ecu I was met with this

After a couple pms to curly it seems to be running the voodoo box. It looks like a mspnp has found its way onto the to do list.

I've got lots and lots of reading to do, turbo is new to me. At least I'll have something to do at work this week.

·
CSTG
3,229 Posts

Are you referring to the 2nd fuel rail? Good eye. I'm guessing those are just secondary injectors for the voodoo car, but I didn't think it used that method of adding fuel...Link?

If you're referring to the bottle, I think it's just washer fluid. Giant though.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Sadly theres no meth injection, I'm assuming you're referring to the second bottle? Like curly said, that's just the washer fluid bottle. Speaking of washer fluid, this car came with those ultra cool led spray nozzles :rice:
those are going to have to go lol.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts

Oops didn't realize its a ABS car, so ya the washer fluid reservoir... :suicide: No curly I didn't see the fuel rail you referenced, once again :suicide: I will stop before I embarrass myself further, I'm at my limit for the day. ;) Did all 10AE have ABS? I can't recall. :dunno:If so iI should be ashamed as many pictures of the engine bay I've seen.

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
9,854 Posts

I skeeted over this car for weeks on CL. Glad it ended up with someone who doesn't suck...

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Did all 10AE have ABS? I can't recall. :dunno:.
It was an option for the 10AEs but it didn't come with all of them. From what I've read 10AEs with ABS are somewhat rare.

Hahah thanks 99blk, I'm glad I classify as a person who doesn't suck :lol:

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Let's try this for a third time... My browser keeps reverting to the new view and deletes everything I've typed. :(

I haven't had a ton of time to poke around the car yet. We just bought a house about a month ago so we're in the process of packing, throwing stuff away and moving. So I have a partial list of parts but I'll have to wait until we're moved in and I have a garage again to complete the list.
So far;
FM turbo kit with the voodoo box and Link
FM sway bars front and rear
FM springs
KYB AGXs
Willwood BBK
Slotted rotors
Konig Wideopens with Yokohama S.drives
Unidentified short shifter
VMS aluminum shift knob (not a fan)
Momo shift boot
Harddog DD M2

I might be forgetting something but it's not a complete list anyways.

I also made my way over to CSTG to drop off a roll bar. Josh is a really nice guy, he even gave me a free A pillar plastic panel :D Any locals that need work done to their miatas should definitely drop Curly a PM, he knows his stuff.. While I was there a wild Ryan appeared.

I shamelessly stole that pic from Ryans build thread, hope he doesn't mind haha.

Also, here's a pic I haven't uploaded yet

Bonus content: They just finished remodeling our house this week so we can finally move in.
Teaser

Not miata content but I'm really excited. We had a lot more work done, I might post those later. I really need to get rid of those cabinets though, talk about an eye-sore. Oh and that's my Mom haha.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Looks great so far, and love your new kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Granite color + wood floor is a good combo.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
^^^Agreed! I just got a house back in July and started a thread about work I'm doing on it, ugh kitchen is getting worked on right now. :suicide: Congrats on the house! :icon_cheers: Once again envious of yalls tight little Miata pack! ;)

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks great so far, and love your new kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Granite color + wood floor is a good combo.
Thank you! I'm really happy with the way everything turned out, the counters looks way better than I was expecting. Everything was pretty awful before. The house was built in the late 80s and it was apparent. They had this nice pink + blue theme going on throughout the entire house... Ill have to snap a picture of the laundry room, its the only room thats been mostly untouched. Its hideous.
^^^Agreed! I just got a house back in July and started a thread about work I'm doing on it, ugh kitchen is getting worked on right now. :suicide: Congrats on the house! :icon_cheers: Once again envious of yalls tight little Miata pack! ;)
Thanks man! :icon_cheers:
Hmmm.. that's a good idea. There's still a lot of work to do, I might start a house thread too!

Clean 10AE! Wow, that blue with those Konigs look awesome.
Oh man, this paint code is amazing. I absolutely love it. Thanks for the kind words!
Nice purchase! I'm looking forward to seeing where you take this.
Thank you, I am too hahah!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts