ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any ways to fix it? upgrade it? I've not seen any repair kit or aftermarket consoles available, maybe I'm not looking hard enough. It's in a 2000.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Buy a new one .
01' up have a cup holder instead of an ashtray
^Hahaah...good call. I was gonna say the hardware store thing, but I have an '01 and forgot about my fancy cupholders.....

OOORRRR...custom carpeted center console delete? So sick. :D

·
Supporting Member
80 Posts
Mine broke too and I just used JB weld to fix the plastic hinges. I only have one working hinge now though. Probably going to buy a used one. It is a miata you know...tons of parts are available ;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for all the help and insight everyone. I think I'll go the '01 replacement route. cup holders are way more functional than that ashtray anyway.

·
I wanna go fast
2,781 Posts
You'll be happy with the 01. The only thing I don't like about it is when my elbow opens the cup holder.

·
Registered
162 Posts
You'll be happy with the 01. The only thing I don't like about it is when my elbow opens the cup holder.
The fact that the NB2 cup holders place your drink directly in the way of your shifter shouldn't go unmentioned. And, the cup holder doors have a spring that almost always breaks off it's plastic mount allowing the cup holder doors to flop about and open when accelerating...

I'd check out the Rev9 store and look up the Barchetta "shorty console." I'm replacing mine with one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts