ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after 8 hours of prepping and rattle-canning, here are the results. Olive Drab Kyrlon body and Army Green Gloss Enamel interior...and astro-turf "carpet".

This weekend I'm going to sand with 200 grit and paint another coat and touch up on some white spots I missed. $40 paint job FTW!!

·
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^Yeah, thats next on my list, and repaint the hood now that I got the technique down.

Technique:

300 grit sand, then 200 grit. Paint thin layer, let dry, paint, dry, paint, dry until covered. That's only one coat. I'm gonna wait until the paint harden before I sand and do another coat to give it a deeper color.

And I hear that you can buy an adapter for the paint can to make it work like a spray gun, I wish I knew that BEFORE I started. My fingers are still numb....

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Re: Army Of One paintjob...DIY, so be nice!

That looks really good, love the color. I have actually thought about doing the same thing before. You got a really nice finish for a rattle can.

Oh and i forgot to say, i really like the stripped interior with the matching color.

·
Lit like a BranchDavidian
5,990 Posts
nice!!!

btw, that little attachment, its not worth it. We did a friend of mines FC in ADVAN style and i used one of those.... you dont get the precision of spray that you do with your finger... and you still get finger cramps :(

·
Supporting Member
455 Posts

!?! what kind of mirrors are those? how much and where can i find them? they look like a driver head from a golf club.. i love it! Heck and for 40$ that aint bad at all.

·
Registered
517 Posts

WTF is with the astro turf? That stuff is nasty when you make a field out of it, why would you want it in your car?

As for the rest....

I like the color, the only thing that bugs me is about how the black on the hood ends, what do you think about extending it down? I did a quick photoCHOP to illustrate.

·
Registered
402 Posts
SCC recommends putting the cans in a tub of hot water. It gives you a better distribution of the paint when it comes out. I'm not a fan of rattle-can paintjobs but that looks pretty good.

·
CR.net Supporter
324 Posts

It really does look awesome - much better than flat black. I think maybe you should redo the black parts to get the same even finish as the green and consider Endlesscorners' idea..

·
CR.net Supporter
242 Posts

Its so funky that I like it! =D>

1 - 20 of 113 Posts