ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
If I recall they make manifolds, downpipes, and custom exhaust work to owners spec. I doubt any single one would be identical.. People seem pleased with the craftsmanship from what I've seen.

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
beautiful TIG welds, custom made, and pricing that beats any other exhaust out there....what more could you ask for.

·
Registered
252 Posts
If you are F/I then go for it as i have a 3in turbo back V-Band set up which cost over $2000 to make so it is not necessarily cheap IMO. So if u are N/A then just get one of the traditional exhausts that are out there. ARtech makes some really high quality stuff that i wouldn't think twice about returning. Welds are very solid and the whole thing looks like a work of art.

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
When I was searching for 3'' exhaust for my MSM, ArTech quoted me a cheaper price than any exhaust on the market and it would have been made with the muffler of my choice and style of my choice. It was $200 cheaper than some of the exhausts out there! His manifolds might be average price tho, but worth it.

What did you have done to cost over $2000?

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
I emailed him for a quote a couple months ago, pricing was not bad at all for what I wanted. Around -$380 for a 2.25 in. cat back exhaust with a turn down pipe.

·
Surgeon General
2,924 Posts
I had him make me a manifold, downpipe and external wastegate dump tube for my turbo build. Abe is such an awesome guy to work with. He does exactly what you want and he does it EXTREMELY well.

If you want some pics of his work, check out my build thread. Absolutely stunning quality and literally unbeatable prices for the quality of work that he does.

I would choose his work in a heartbeat over any other pre-fabricated systems out there right now!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I got it from a guy off of Miataturbo.net. A vet member. He said the exhaust pieces alone cost 1900 dollars. Im guessing this thing was so expensive due to it being a V-Band set up and it also came with a Mild steel manifold which is also v-band for the tial external wastegate. The studs are also inconel for the mani and the vband clamps arent cheap either. Its a straight through exhaust with two magnaflow resinators and 1 magnaflow muffler. The downpipe is also a vband divorced dp.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Its too loud unless you have turbo? even without the test pipe option?
You will loose power with an exhaust that big and it will be loud as hell. Unless u are planning on going turbo really really soon then dont waste ur money on an exhaust that big.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
You will loose power with an exhaust that big.
Not so sure about that.

it will be loud as hell.
That is true.

Exhaust are great but I would not skip out on things like resonators and properly sized mufflers. Drone will make driving your car a shitty experience.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Not so sure about that.

That is true.

Exhaust are great but I would not skip out on things like resonators and properly sized mufflers. Drone will make driving your car a shitty experience.
Well lets just say that a 3in exhaust weighs more than our stock 2.25 does and their is your hp loss :p

·
Rehabilitation Officer
8,110 Posts
I bet the 3'' artech exhaust weighs less than the OEM exhaust. haha, but still. There are no exhaust gains for a pipe that big on an NA engine for the miata. It will just be loud as hell and possibly feel even slower.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Large diameter can cause hp loss because it does not allow for proper exhaust stream. Diameter needs to be properly sized with displacement and output.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Has anyone heard this exhaust in person or own it? There are very few on youtube but the ones ive heard sound real good. Everything sounds different in person so im just trying to get some ideas on how it really sounds before i buy one.
his turbo exhaust is awesome, i have 3 inch with a big muffler and it sounds great(loud wot and nice and quiet cruising). weld quality speaks for itself.

·
Accepting donations.
3,366 Posts
If you are turbo or ever planning on it. Invest in good hot side. That should be the most expensive part of your build. It's worth it go Vband if you never want to deal with hardware problems.

When I start parting my hot side it'll be all absurdflow and artech. I am sure I wouldn't be happier spending my money elsewhere.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts