---
520 Posts
Re: For the Love of Rico

Cool color.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Oh no! My thread has been hijacked by puppies! Its a very cute hijacking though so its ok :p

So far my friend and I have been trying to figure out the wiring, but to install the nb wiring harness all we had to do was cut a hole in the firewall and the plug seals it perfectly.

So as of now I'm using the na wiring harness for the lights/fuses/engine bay ish, the na rear wiring for the chassis/brake lights etc., the nb engine harness and the nb dash harness to clean up that mess from the previous owner.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Car looks great! Bet its going to be a blast with the vvt engine in there.

Demand pics of the cute puppy driving it when it runs!!!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
Well since I suck at updating my progress... Ill show my new door cards that I have been working on :D
My old ones got wet somehow, as I'm sure everyones have, so I decided to make some new door cards and get rid of the shitty tan ones. I went down to the industrial plastic company by my house and got two sheets of 4x6 (I think) ABS plastic for only $10. So anyways, I haven't got them on my doors yet, but as soon as the wiring gets finished they should fit on nicely :)

The shitty wet cardboard doorcards:

The shitty sticky tar/plastic explosion behind the door card that has been smeared EVERYWHERE from the previous owner adding automatic door locks:

The template:

After I drilled all the holes for the plastic holders:

Made some new door pulls:

Made some extra pink ones... you know, just in case :)

And apparently I forgot to take a pic of the final product, even though they are finished... Guess you will all just have to wait until the weekend for me to take a picture! I'll update the progress on the car after the weekend is over as well :p

·
Registered
219 Posts
What thickness did you use for your ABS door cards? Great build progress and I can't wait to see the pink door pulls! I might have to make some for myself!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
My dad used to own a mustang shop, so we collect mustangs/shelbys :)

.09-.1" for the door cards. Its about the same thickness that the cardboard door cards are already. It seems stupid not to make your own door cards... I think in total with the door pulls, ABS plastic, and all the attachments, the door cards came out to maybe $10 each max and they weren't even that hard to make.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #56 (Edited)
Well a little bit of an update... The wiring is taking a little longer than expected because of school and holidays and stuff but everything is almost ready to turn over.

Unfortunately I found out that with the intake on, so guess custom intake it is. Also some nice coilovers and suspension upgrades coming soon :)

But in the meantime, I made some gingerbread racecar cookies over the weekend! Enjoy!

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
i will be leaving the headlights up And wiring them to just be headlights. Then i plan to make my own flush mount. and yes i will integrate all the other small things. I have a full nb interior from my 2001 brg that is stripped on the back burner for awhile that i am ls1 swapping.

but this car will just be a fun daily. But i may start a build thread soon.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #60 (Edited)
So I haven't posted in here for a while because of school and work etc. Over winter break from school I ended up buying my friends suspension:

Here was my stock suspension:

And my new Ohlins :) :

Of course my dog helped:

So this is currently how my car sits:

And how my poor friends car looks with my old stock suspension:

Also over winter break my daily driver Accord has been having some electrical problems, so I bought myself an early graduation present for a new daily, enjoy :D

41 - 60 of 161 Posts