ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
let's say, in a percentage wise....if i were to go with 15x8 0et (i have stance gr+ coilovers)...would my handling be an improvement over stock?

assuming I have the stance gr+ installed, and I want 15x8 or 15x9 wheels. Where does the offset start to ruin everything?

Would a 15x8 +15 be a better option for an improvement?

This is going to be a daily driver. Not slammed, but lowered substantially.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I think the more important question is what's going to be your alignment specs after the car is setup. The lower the offset the more stupid camber you have to run which will affect how the car handles. Also the lower you go the less suspension travel you will have which will also be detrimental to handling. I don't think that there is anyway to quantify percentage wise how your handling will improve over stock with different amounts of camber.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, thanks for the replies. Let's say on the common 15x8 0et with 195/45, most guys are saying they are not even dialing in camber, as it takes care of itself. Now I understand that doesn't mean there is camber....

But just how do these cars ride with this common setup. Let's say I take it to a garage and have the alignment done to at least make sure toe in/out is correct, etc. Also taking into consideration, the car will be lowered, not slammed.

Any ideas how much worse that setup would be than stock? percentage wise? catch my drift? so to speak? lol

·
R U ?
7,176 Posts
Spec Miata guys say that 15x7 +25 (or +20) is really the limit before you start getting worse handling. So it depends on the width.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts