ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taylor and I have been discussing a possile next meeting with the Atlanta gang. Trying to find some place that is convenient for everyone and a place where you can basically hang out without any troubles or paid parking (i.e. midtown, etc).

We have seen in the past that some of the more popular hang outs (i.e. Barrett Pkwy, etc) just is not the best place to meet....therefore, we are still looking at locations.

I had suggested Dave and Busters as they have been open (in the past with the Mini Cooper/Lotus Elise/Local Miata clubs) to can gatherings in their bigger than normal parking lot. The problem I had with D&B is that it is not a quick food joint - as you must sit at a table with ever so lame wait staff.

So we have D&B in Duluth and in Marietta.

I also like the idea of a pub like Meehans in Sandy Springs or Vinings.

Heck - I would also be open to meeting at a coffee house like Starbucks or Caribou Coffee (if the parking lot is big enough). Coffee shops and roadsters....go nicely together ;-)

Atl peeps chime in....

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
It really does not matter to me where it is... If I'm not working that day I'll be there.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I'm up for just about anything. Except Hooters, the view is usually good, but the overpriced food is below average. :)

·
Now in a White Club
1,232 Posts
i'm up for a meet. check I Rike Beer's post for a fun run on 6/23 7am on sixes road, as well, if you missed that thread ATL folk.

·
Lit like a BranchDavidian
5,990 Posts
Well, i have a suggestion.

There is a Sonic i know of that is IN a huge parking lot, there is enough parking for...well, it just wont be a problem. And we wont have to take up the parking at Sonic and wont interrupt normal business. Some locals have had a meet or 2 there and not had a problem with The Man or idiot ricers coming through. It's also next to a QT so everyone can get gas lol.

Here is a nice Google Earth shot. It's in Lawrenceville right off Riverside Pkwy and about 1/2 mile off GA 316 which makes for EASY directions.

Here is a close up pic of the area. It was taken before the SONIC was built. As you can see, there is plenty or parking.

And here is a pic to show the whole top half of the perimeter so you can get your bearings.

Just my idea.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I would love to show up but its about a 4 hour drive to ATL and is this at the end of this month or is it in August? Obviously anything closer to the Alabama line is much better to me, however, I wouldn't want to stand in the way of progress.

·
Premium Member
9,430 Posts
Basically we want to find a couple core locations that we can hang out at and not make everyone north or south of town have to drive long distances every time we get together.

The D&Bs and Sonic sound like great locations due to their large amounts of parking. We considered the Varsity, but there are rumors of paid parking now, so unless someone can debunk that that one's getting tossed. An option for people south of town would be the Full Throttle Cafe. I've heard it mentioned a couple times and it sounds like a pretty neat place. They're open to gearheads and the like and seem to appeal to the crowd that doesn't like to start ****.

What we also might do instead of the Varsity is the Tech Day at Scott's place. He's mentioned it on several occasions and I'd love to do one.

·
Brah.
7,484 Posts
ill come in return for gas money
Sure, you bring 3 sacks of crawfish; none of those end-of-the-season tough ones, and I'll pay your gas.

Miata tech day and crafish boil at my house!!

[ig]http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p19/alloynipples/Crawfishboil313.jpg[/img]

the real question is how to keep 3 sacks of crawfish fresh for a 6 hour drive in a miata

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
The Sonic idea is great for size and not being bothered by anyone, however, the distance to there sucks for me. lol
If this becomes a regular spot, I probably wouldn't be showing up every time.

·
Lit like a BranchDavidian
5,990 Posts
Well, we have had the meets up in the Barett Pkwy. area, so a meet on the east side might be fair??? Well, if any of the Carolina peeps come down, it will make things a little better for them.

·
Premium Member
9,430 Posts
The Sonic idea is great for size and not being bothered by anyone, however, the distance to there sucks for me. lol
If this becomes a regular spot, I probably wouldn't be showing up every time.
Which is why i'm proposing we have multiple "regular" locations. One north of town, one south of town, and one somewhere in between. Depending on who says they can't go we can shift the location to make it closer to those who can, etc. If you have something down near you that would work, let me know so long as it isn't another High Schooler's Playground :?

Well, we have had the meets up in the Barett Pkwy. area, so a meet on the east side might be fair??? Well, if any of the Carolina peeps come down, it will make things a little better for them.
Sounds fair to me.

So, with that said, here is what I propose:

Northern Area: Sonic in Duluth

Middle Area: Varsity Downtown or D&B/Hooters in Marietta, along with Scott's place for Tech Days

Southern Area: Full Throttle Cafe

Feel free to suggest any other locations.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I have hosted meets at Malubi Grand Prix in Duluth right off I-85 for the past few years with great success. Wednesday nights are their slowest night of the week, so we ususally do it on Wednesday. Basic pizza and drinks, batting cages, mini-golf, and the ALL important go-carts!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts