ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who are interested, here's a couple of pics taken of the Atom currently under construction at the Brammo factory. It was supposed to be completed today, but as you can see that hasn't happened yet. :lol:

The peeps in the second pic are a couple of friends from the Atom Forum (Kym and Nick). I like the pic with them goofin' on the chassis. =D> :lol:

According to the folks at Brammo, the car should "for sure" be finished by the end of the week. I'm planning to pick it up next Tuesday.

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The wheel/tire package on the car is entry level, since it'll be replaced with TE-37's with real tires afterwards. ES100's FTL, I know. Maybe I'll use them up at a drift day just for fun.

·
Registered
261 Posts
yeah i looked at getting one and the other tire option was nuts expensive for such a light car, i also noticed they really hiked the price when they brought it over...

you get the i-vtec or the 2.0 ecotec?

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2.0L supahcharged Ecotec...several already registered street legal in CA already.

M

·
0 Posts
I wonder if they'll have the body panels on when I visit on Th.

Have you chosen a name for it yet?

If not, I vote for...

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hope I get to see it someday... who makes the ecotec engine?
GM. It come in the Sunfire, Caviler, Cobalt, Solstice, Sky. Pretty much all their small cars. The drag team I work for has been able to get 1200 hp (Hot Rod class) and 1400 hp (Pro FWD) out of the EcoTech. Though lately we've been spliting blocks in half (horizontily) in the Pro FWD car, but that's running 40lbs. of boost.

·
Registered
170 Posts
well, Im sure it'll be pretty sick, but its just a shame they can't put the K20 in it.
I read on the website that they were only going to offer 3 Atoms with the CTR motor. They went for $3000 over what you would pay for the ecotec. I still want one.

Hey Woolery! What's the insurance like on that mean machine?

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Insurance cost? I dunno yet. I'm sure it'll be too expensive, though.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Actually, as light as that car is, they might do just fine, and you just saved yourself mad cash on tires ;)
Sorry, I don't want to be rude.

but a proper racecar or a road going race car should be designed around the tires.

the entire dynamics of the car are dependent on how much grip the tires have thus should be derived from it.

I have not yet found an proper alternative (street) to the RE070s on my STi. It has the right amount of tire wall stiffness, grip, and breakaway characteristic the car is designed for. I am not claiming STi designed the car to be on 070s (at least balanced are tuned on the 070), it's probably Bridgestone build the tires for STi's spec.

When STi put Pirelli P Zero Neros on the S203 special model, everyone complained about having no grip even it is the S203 limited model.

Similarly, the Evo are best on the A046 (street).

Elise are best on the AD07 LTS (Street)

S2000 on S-02 (special size just for the S2000)

Porsche has their special size and model among S-02s

just my 0.02$

but you are right, it's still way faster than rest of the world even on ES100.

Mr. Woolery, your car is bad ASSSS, please bring it out to the KINOD

1 - 20 of 51 Posts