ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went up yesterday to talk to the Attack coilover guys, and this is what I gained infowise.

Stock spring rates are 10/8k BUT you can order any spring rate you want and they will have it valved correctly. They made sure to stress the fact that they do indeed revalve the shocks without me questioning wif they really did. They are steel bodied for durability with aluminum tophats. Polyurethane bushings. They resigned their shock body so the car could be lower, as their normal body would have made the lowest point just below a miata stock height. Now you can go as low as slammed and more.

As far as their dampening abilities go, if each shock is valved for their car as they state, then single adjustment should be more than adequate for most. They do have a double adjustable in the works for those who desire more. 16 way adjustable with soft being a sports like stiff, and stiff being hardcore hard.

Revalving will be done here in the US, and they will keep the parts in stock. 1 year warranty on the shocks, and a 2 year on the springs. If you buy the external reservoir you will be able to get it upgraded to the double adjustable when it becomes available.

Test shocks should be here next week, and you will get a full rundown/review from me. They are also expecting a full review from me, as they want to make sure the shock is perfect for you guys.

If anyone is interested in this coilover setup and pricing, pm me. They will be going on the Mazdaspeed as a reference. Also, if anyone else locally has a different coilover on their NB please contact me so we can compare. I want this to be as perfect as it can be for everyone! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
will you be getting shock or spring dynos on them?

I'm curious who's springs they are using. Are they a twin tube or a monotube?

What did they change onthe shock body? Are they adjustable length bodies? or just shorter? FYI - shorter bodies on which you can slam your car don't come without consequences. You loose your droop travel...

·
Esteemed Member
3,416 Posts
Matt [exz3owner said:
@ Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:42 pm]will you be getting shock or spring dynos on them?

I'm curious who's springs they are using. Are they a twin tube or a monotube?

What did they change onthe shock body? Are they adjustable length bodies? or just shorter? FYI - shorter bodies on which you can slam your car don't come without consequences. You loose your droop travel...
hes right about the droop, i have none, my car when its jacked up has less fender gap than a miata on lowering springs on the ground!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had to call them weekly to get updates. They were supose to be here for the USgymkhana event, but I couldnt get ahould of them again after they said they were "airshipping in a set" for me. Most likely a decent coilover, but I cant even get ahold of them to test them out.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UPDATE: Got an email from them today. They said development is finished now(not sure if it wasnt done when we first talked or if they ment their double adjustable shock, as they know I was very interested in that). So we will see if testing is good to go this time around!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't know what modifications they did after the last time I looked over their shocks. Previously it was a polyurethane bushing upper mount.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I talked with Attack again yesterday. They will have 3 different setups. Street, Race(same as street but higher springrates) and Pro(DOUBLE ADJUSTABLE and external reservuar!)

Shocks should be here by the end of this month. After that, testing shall commence!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Delays delays. I was told they are on their way across the ocean. Attack has been in the process of moving.

This is all from the man in charge at Attack. I cannot confirm or deny this.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have been told that they WILL BE HERE TUESDAY!

NOT NEXT WEEK/MONTH/ECT, but TUESDAY!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They are supose to be on their way to my house. Im guessing they had a customs issue they didnt want to talk to me about. If all goes as planned Ill be testing them at the Driftday Autox practice for anyone else that want to see how they feel.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts