ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those who attended last weeks kinod and regulars that didn't make it out...
the night shift manager from the crab shack restaurant across approached i of 4 others that night and invited our miata club organization to pose our group with our vehicles for them in maybe possible exchange for dining discounts...

who among us is more consistent than i am to represent our club meets for this?
and would anyone who is actually more interested in a t.g.i.f-like environment like to set up arrangements?

i believe damian is the night shift manager whom i spoke to. and i told him i'll send someone to make arrangements.

we need the manager to be aware that this is a growing car club and that what ever we trade in services... i.e.such as pictures of miata of the month, for certain exchanges in dining discounts, restaurant reservations, etc. we need to come to an understanding that everyone in our car club can take advantage of on the discounts.

again, i see this as important because it gives us a legal place to gather without much harassment. there are already many official and un-official motorcycle enthusiast restaurant gatherings or hang-outs out in hollywood or so-cal in general.
i believe we are a mature group of enthusiast... so don't turn it into the fast and furious restaurant hang-out like in malibu.

if bikers can have their sturgis, miata's can have a place of their own...here in so-cal.

i need a mature volunteer to make arrangements. age is not an issue, but a sharp business sense is really what can get things cookin for us here.

potential volunteers please post and tell me what you think.

actually, this is for all so-cal chapter. feel free to post up thoughts... please no negativities. this may be a good opportunity to start something. just imagine if we can get news coverage =) eventually, then our can be immortalized.

ok, ok. thoughts now. post up guys.

·
Esteemed Member
4,380 Posts
Wow, that's actually really cool. If someone can organzie this, that would be awesome!

Though, I still do enjoy In and Out even though i've been having it basically every Friday night... My only gripe with the crab shack is that for the regulars, we probably wouldn't want to go to (so I assume) a seafood place and shell out that kind of money. InO is cheap for our early 20s-mid 30s and one 50 sort of crowd --which is a good thing.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
i also wonder if the crab shack is more of a sit-down place (i've never been). whereas InO or other places (i.e. parking lot) is more free-form and we can chat with whomever and walk around checking out cars and whatnot. and allow for coming and going as one pleases.

if it's more of a take-out, outside seating-type place, it'd be more new-KINOD attendee friendly. i've only attended 2 or so KINOD and dont have personal relationships like some of you do with other KINODers, so a sit-down place isn't ideal for people like me.

so anyway, that's my two cents. in summary, i guess we need to know a little more about this crab joint before we sign up with them. though i like the idea in theory.

·
RDR
4,252 Posts
again, i see this as important because it gives us a legal place to gather without much harassment. there are already many official and un-official motorcycle enthusiast restaurant gatherings or hang-outs out in hollywood or so-cal in general.
i believe we are a mature group of enthusiast... so don't turn it into the fast and furious restaurant hang-out like in malibu.
well if you think about it, we really dont get harassed in the first place

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
and where's the dang darn weekly kinod thread? isn't it about time for sonique or someone to come up with some witty nonsensical title?

i'm actually going this time. but not in the miata. so look for the green civic with the little hello kitty sticker. yes, i'm big ballin' in the gf's car

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
frictionfighter @ Wed[color=#ffff7f said:
[/color] May 30, 2007 3:39 pm]crab shack is bogus.
Wouldn't know never been. Sounds like a place to go and get wasted for alot of money. But ofcourse, discount it enough and im sure anyone of us would eat some bogus food goods. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i guess no-one is too fond of seafood huh?
well...i thought its cool. and i used to frequent with some friends for louisiana craw fish at the boiling crab shack down in garden grove. drink beer and have seafood. for you OC guys...maybe you guys have tried the place already. its quite good and popular these days.

kinod is cool and everything...but i can't manage to make it to every kinod unless i can really turn it into what i would like to actually do on a friday night...and thats to eat and fuckin drink.

sorry i don't really like donuts...and not everyone is of legal drinking age to kick it at a bar.

i dunno... i only assume the bracket of 21+ crowd might like this idea. a place to eat and drink and talk about miata's.

but hey, your opinion counts. sometimes having alcohol can **** things up...just because we tend to get more silly on it.

what else? can anyone bring up any high points on this? its not a bad idea, for those that can benefit from it...i know i personally would come out to more meets and get to ACTUALLY get to know a few forum members more to get out there for a friday night more.

hope this ain't too straight for u guys...but its also girl/date friendly.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
say its not joe's crab shack...they just offered first. but where can you guys see yourself actually kickin it. a place that serve food, and alcohol to those of legal age, and somewhere you can pitch a publicity style gathering for discount? and a place girls are around?

please answer anything besides car shows or HIN.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
amen. try the food and drink beeeeerrrrr!
pogi loves crabs too...hopefully its only in having crabs but not to have them. hehe j/k.

well...lets see if woolery would volunteer. i ain't gonna force someone...but i would be in favor if he'd like to represent us. he's a well spoken individual. and can be chill like a big kid in a man's body...and i'm sure when the group drinks...he'll be the crowd pleaser.

shoot...we should just throw tech day every gathering at woolery's place and i'll bring some marinade steak. get beers, crabs...but we need a REAL place to chill though.

can't have woolery clean up after us every friday right?

WOOLERY: we'd love you to respond to ur call for maybe friday night krispy kreme/ crab shack-inod.

·
Banned
5,894 Posts
i'd love to try it, but i understand what some of the younger members have said,

my wife loves seafood and by the time i arrive at kinod, i'm ready for a drink to put an end to the work week.

i agree it will take away some of the casual atmosphere, which i think might be better to do saturday when, say, you could take a drive, end up at the restaurant. i like the people i've met at the kinods so far, but it is getting a bit boring.

oh, my car wont be photo-safe until next week. ;)

·
Registered
422 Posts
Wow I wish I could be spoiled with freedom as much as you all are. My parents still pays for my gas so I'm a bit limited on where I can go. Oh well gas prices are high so I guess it's an okay trade off for now. When I'm more self-reliant I'll be there every week. (^_^)

·
Esteemed Member
4,380 Posts
Richard, don't get any of us wrong. I'm definitely down to have a meet if we can get a host like the Crab Shack or like TAB Tuesdays I-Scream.

No to reiterate what everyone has said, but the Crab Shack does not suit our casual hard parking atmosphere.

As a 21+ member of KINOD, I would definitely be down to go to a bar and kick it(and a few beers) with you guys. But we have to be accept all ages.

If we can find a nice place, that's not too far from KINOD that would host us, and still have that casual walk around, jack-off-at-peter's-carbs, bukkake-on-tam, CHB-lollering, shoot-the-**** environment, I'd be more than happy to do that.

A nice local shop like an ice cream shop or a coffee shop would be a very nice complement us.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts