ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever used a broker to bid on Yahoo!Japan auctions? I know that Bill likes to use JDMish.com and has had good success. JDMish.com charges 25% service fee but I don't know if that includes shipping and what size limitations exist. JAC.com charges a flat service fee of 1000yen + 1000 bank fee + 8% profit + EMS shipping charges (which means there is a size/weight restriction) and they accept paypal. I haven't used either service so I'm hoping to receive some feedback from others who have.

Does anyone else had any success winning YJ auctions with any other brokers? If yes, please help a brother out with finding some rare used parts by providing detailed feedback about the broker. Thanks!

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had good success with search results using "NA6CE" as opposed to "Miata", "Roadster" or "Eunos". "NB8" works well for you guys with NB (2nd generation) Roadsters. "マツダ ロードスター" (Mazda Roadster) also works but doesn't provide as many results.

·
1,213 Posts
Re: Anyone ever use japanauctioncenter.com to bid on YJ?

NA6 NA6CE HKS MAZDASPEED etc etc all bring up lots of good results ... the prices of early NA6 items seems to be on the increase now - maybe due to the age some of the no longer in production items are viewed with a classic status ?

M2 1001 / 1002 / 1028 items are unfortunately almost not worth bidding on any more as the prices are CRAZY !!! almost $500 recently for a set of M2 1001/2 interior handle pulls ... one of th etwo was even cracked !!!

M

·
0 Posts

I know that Bill likes to use JDMish.com and has had good success. JDMish.com charges 25% service fee but I don't know if that includes shipping and what size limitations exist.
FYI, Peter's 25% commission includes his PayPal fees. Shipping is additional and depends on the size of the item (he does not pad the actual shipping). And he only uses EMS, so large items are out. He has done well by me, though it's worth noting he's an AE86 guy, not a Roadster guy, so you have to explain Roadster-specific stuff to him.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
You really have to know your way around YJP in order to use those services. And if you already have a YJP login name like me, you have to go through the whole process again. DOH!

I dont think it will work for me as it keeps autologging me into my screen name ***** on yahoo japan, i will have to spend some time trying to log out and back into the site.

My problem is the last time i logged out, i forgot my password, and wouldnt login so i couldnt look at the auctions. Double Doh!

PhatMiata

M

·
0 Posts

?

You don't have to have a YJ account or be logged in to just look at the listings and make note of the listing #.

To use that JAC.com service, you sign up with the service and just give them the listing # you want them to bid on on your behalf, plus pay them your max bid in advance.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
http://www.whiterabbitxpress.com/

White Rabbit Xpress say they can get you just about anything that is legal to buy and ship from Japan to you. I guess this service would be most helpful to someone looking for a Maxim Works header or some other boutique item that isn't marketed frequently on YJ.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts