Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manual FI

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes manual is more fun, but if you had a chance to buy an auto, would you? Reason being and auto is bettter for F/I is because it is constantly in boost

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
flame me, i dont care.. i come from miataturbo and that place can be a flame fest (even though i have yet to be flamed over there)

::zips up fire-retardent suit::

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I think most Miata owners prefer the manual transmission because it is more consistent with the sporting character of the car. You statement that "auto is bettter for F/I is because it is constantly in boost" is clearly a poor generalization. I've seen video footage of an automatic equipped turbocharged Roadster on a race track that was driven by someone with physical handicap and it looked smooth and fun but it was distinctly lacking the interaction that so many of us seek.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
around an auto-x auto is definitely at a disadvantage, but i am talking about pure acceleration.

autos are generally easier to launch, also there is no missed shifts, and you can consistently run the same 1/4 mile

·
Garage Quinn Motors - GQM
2,847 Posts
The miata was never meant to be a drag car either. Even the fastest 1/4 miatas still run manual trannies.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Reason being and auto is bettter for F/I is because it is constantly in boost
ok this is the third time you've said this in two days, and this is the third time I'm going to have to tell you that's completely donkey.

an auto sucks for autox or road courses.

where the auto can prevail is a drag strip as you dont have to spend the time shifting where the auto can do it much faster...however, it takes a bit a HP to make it to that point. Plus the miata plain sucks as a drag car, so who cares....

·
Registered
569 Posts
Autos are fantastic.. for running consistant drag times, however, you will generally do a brake-torque launch which causes extreme heat and stress on the gearbox. Also, most automatics (especially miatas) will have a kind of "lazy shift" or "shift lag" approach as opposed to a race built automatic. They will shift when they damn well please, unless modified, and even then, the OEM miata type transmission will NOT shift as fast as a race built transmission.

Your thread references automatics in the sense that they are all race built auto tranmissions. You are forgetting your dealing with a dated "daily commuter" automatic transmission. Thank you.

PS - I came over from miataturbo.net just to contribute to this haha.

·
Registered
569 Posts
The miata was never meant to be a drag car either. Even the fastest 1/4 miatas still run manual trannies.
yet the fastest Miata runs an auto :|
Right, and its not the miata tranny that the guy who started this thread is running. Its clearly a built tranny as described in my earlier threads. The fastest supra is an auto too.. think its the stock tranny? I understand what your saying though fritch, I just do not see a reason to justify savior's position simply because he cannot drive stick, or his parents will not buy him a stick.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i already have a stick car and i bought my own car.. and its already faster than yours, thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no i am talking about the ford svt lightening.. but yes, i do own a cobalt

and the only reason why you even know i have a cobalt is beacuse i am trying to sell it because i have the ford

·
Registered
569 Posts
My car would secks your parents lightening. :) Any chance you want to get back on topic?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts