ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Supporting Member
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come Monday I am either re-clearing my trunk or painting it brilliant black to match the rest of the car.

Now, to reclear it cost 150 and to paint it will cost me 200.

I currently have a chaser aero top and am in the process of trading it for a oem black top. Once I get at least an oem top I will tint the back window, door windows, and triangles.

My question is should I leave the AK. trunk cf and reclear it or should I paint it to match the rest of the car for a clean look? If I do paint the trunk black, I will loose value of the trunk and will not get my money's worth doing it this way.

What are you opinions and answers?

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
I'd paint it, but then I don't like exposed CF on black. It looks good when it is the darker contrasting color, not when its lighter. Makes it look yellowish.

·
Supporting Member
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah it does and even a gray color.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I have had this battle in my head for awhile also bandit.

Paint the hardtop and trunk black But leave a single carbon stripe exposed haha then repeat with Hood;)

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
It may look cheap but you could plastidip it black and plastidip it clear with the glossifier. http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=54142&highlight=plastidip That way you could always peel it off if you were to sell. That's what I plan on doing with the rear section to get rid of the two tone look from the car behind. I don't mind the two tone from above as much.

Doesn't a polish and wax take out the yellow tint?

·
Supporting Member
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just painted the deck lid and picked it up today.

·
Supporting Member
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your steering wheel is what made my cah really cool.

·
Supporting Member
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The rest of the car looks like wrap now because of the freshly new painted deck lid. Oh wells. Thanks for everyone's opinion.

·
Supporting Member
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would rather not paint the cf hard top becuase I know someone out there would rather enjoy the fine work put into it.

·
Supporting Member
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh!, It does. But I was quoted 2k dollars to be restored back to show room quality.

·
Supporting Member
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sharps auto body. They do government cars like highway patrol cars usps. I saw at least 3porsche in the lot getting sprayed and restored. They do good work. Not saying I'm giving them 2k. And that was a rough estimate.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts