ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Banned
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what are some of your fears/worries regarding your roadster and or any other car in your stable for that matter? Ill start (in no particular order):

1. Bird bombs, detrimental to any finish/color but especially having 3 black cars (Miata included) it seems these little stinkers always sh!t on black. Last time my car was parked at the mall (non-covered parking structure;rooftop) and I came back to two golf ball sized poop piles on the hood and driver's side fender. It was the perfect storm since it was a high 70s/low 80s sunny day and the crap just got baked on. Immediately whipped out the quick detailer and mf towel, sprayed/spot saturated but still left with some ghost etching.

2. Leaving the car parked/unattended in neighborhoods with kids present playing baseball, soccer, hockey, you name it. Potential dent, ding, etc. damage to the car.

3. Leaving the car parked/unattended in neighborhoods/industrial settings where painting is going on. Overspray is one of my biggest fears.

4. Jealous people/baddies, this usually means slashed tires, vandalism, etc. Another one of my fears is getting keyed.

5. Collision due to driver error (other party), incompetent drivers. My car is accident free and has no frame damage, I would like to keep it that way. Hence I drive defensively at all times.

6. Thieves, my hardtop for one thing, maybe the entire car but that I doubt.

What are yours? None the less I dont let any of those things keep me from driving plenty.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I'm always worried I'll smash my wheels into a kerb, but I guess that serves me right for getting wheels that are too expensive.
Also kind of worried they'll get stolen, but there isn't really a big market for them here.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I only have one fear that one day I will become a car show weenie who carries spray detailer and worries about dents and dings. God help me if I ever worry about kids playing near one of them let em hell if they ask let them sit in it.

I love cars for the fun of it all dont take **** too seriously

·
Registered
41 Posts
I don't worry too much about a car itself, but I don't really feel safe in it myself. Always afraid some huge suv will run me over..

·
R U ?
7,176 Posts
Well, since it has already been stolen.. I don't worry about the Miata anymore. The other car I worry about **** breaking since everything is expensive.

·
Banned
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm always worried I'll smash my wheels into a kerb, but I guess that serves me right for getting wheels that are too expensive.
Also kind of worried they'll get stolen, but there isn't really a big market for them here.
Oh yeah forgot that, I cannot stand curb kissed wheels. Chips/scratches here and there from normal driving I can take but curbage I cannot. It just screams "I cant park". Parallel parking is a challenge for me and always has been...even after 9 years of driving. My wheels aint that expensive (Kosei K1) but whether they are Rotas or Volks or anything in between, as I said curbage is not acceptable.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Ever since I was a little kid I've always had a weird vision that I'm in a car that gets into an accident and all these pieces of glass go into my eyes. I guess that's my main fear when driving haha

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
My car got keyed at school this week. Twice. Driver side rear quarter, and pass side rear quarter. Both about 8 inches long, and I am beyond fuckn pissed. My exterior is already hard to keep clean being that its Chaste White, but ****. People can't keep their fuckn paws off other people's property.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Airbags...
...getting side swiped due to being low..
...or someone stepping on my front lip. Gosh this scares me the most.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Vandilism and theft, plain and simple.
If I crash it, it's most likely my own fault. Unless it's due to nature or some mechanical mishap.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts