ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a AP street roll bar on CL but it didn't come with any hardware. I called Autopower and they said the hardware kit will run around $45.

Does anyone know the bolt lengths and threads so I can Home Depot the hardware or should I just purchase it from AP?

Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right now i'm tracking that I need 8 - 3/8" x 1-1/4" Grade 8 Bolts with equal number of washers and nuts. Can anyone confirm that's all i'll need for the install?

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Right now i'm tracking that I need 8 - 3/8" x 1-1/4" Grade 8 Bolts with equal number of washers and nuts. Can anyone confirm that's all i'll need for the install?
well, I would do double the washers (one on each side) and a locking washer on the nut side.

Locking washer will make sure they don't back out, and the flat washers will distribute evenly.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just figured out the autopower rollbar needs mounting plates for underneath the chassis huh? guess i have to get the hardware kit after all -_-'

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
meh, i think i failed on my part. the roll bar rear bars seem super long and it seems like it might not belong to a miata. i'll post up pictures when i have time. strange thing is that the hoop mounts line up properly with the seat belt tower.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
meh, i think i failed on my part. the roll bar rear bars seem super long and it seems like it might not belong to a miata. i'll post up pictures when i have time. strange thing is that the hoop mounts line up properly with the seat belt tower.
maybe, maybe not. lets see the pictures first though. they maybe setup cage style which might run into those two lips/tabs in the rear. Those things aren't structural for the most part, so you can probably hack away.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oohhhh, i've been just placing the rear legs on top of the package tray. I guess there is some metal cutting involved

1 - 14 of 14 Posts