ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys... I just got my new tires at the door now and I would like to know if I should go tomorrow to the event on my old dry-out almost sleek or mount these now and run on the new ones tomorrow? I was going to go on the old ones, but the forecast is rainy tomorrow so I don't know. I'm also worry that I need to heat cycle the new ones a couple of times before going hard on them. Can the autoX gurus out there let me know what's best?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
out to the tire shop now! Thanks.

I asked because I read somewhere that the mold release grease makes you skid. Just that.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
out to the tire shop now! Thanks.

I asked because I read somewhere that the mold release grease makes you skid. Just that.
Some street miles before wouldn't hurt. Not something to deter you from putting the tires on though.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
You will scrub that stuff off real quick doing autocross.

·
Registered
882 Posts
its gonna rain? i have new hankook competition slicks i wanted to try out =/

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tires are on. They slide a little bit, but seems I forgot how good this tires feel new! The old ones (same tires over 4 years old) felt like wood. This ones actually absorb the bumps.

Will be raining tomorrow, that's what the forecast is. I'm using my old black wheels (Team Dynamics pro race2) 15x7+35 and the tires are Nitto neo gens 205/50/15

sorry I sold the grids without letting you know sfl. I just got an offer I couldn't refuse.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts