ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
**I didn't want to do this but the time has come. I've been waiting for to long for this valve cover.**

Just a heads up to anybody deciding to use this shop to powder coat something.

I was looking for a good powder coater and somehow came across him. I live in Newmarket and he is located in Cambridge (2 hour drive). Since it was January I wasn't in a rush to get the valve cover done and didn't feel like driving 2 hours. I asked him if it was ok to mail him the valve cover and he said that was fine.

I gave this guy a picture of how I wanted the valve cover exactly done. He finished the valve cover sent it back to me and it "WASN'T" exactly like the picture like I asked. He and I agreed that it wasn't what I originally wanted so I sent it back to him.

He received the valve cover back on February 14 2013 and ever since then I've been getting the run around as to why it hasn't been finished and shipped back to me. He has now stopped responding to me. He told me the cover was shipped out already 11 business days ago. Shouldn't take 11 days to go from Cambridge to Newmarket.

Just giving you guys a heads up. You can even read his bullshit on his Facebook page. Look at all his updates. Telling people his phone will be off can't reply to this or that and will be un available. Pretty shitty business if you ask me.

- $100 for powder coat
- $120 for valve cover
- Around $40 for shipping

Haven't lost to much I guess. It was a 1.6 Capri valve cover pre drilled and ready to go. It was in good shape. Shame I lost it.

Link to his Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/StrippingTechnologies

·
Registered
29 Posts
No tracking system when shipping? If shipped by Canada Post sometimes they take a long time shipping something because they are lazy bums. I know this because a friend of mine works for them and has explained some horror stories she has seen for parcels being rerouted all over the place.

I do hope you receive your valve cover back. Good Luck.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hope it turns up but most likely he probably never shipped it out again...unless you seen pictures of it finished the second time?

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I asked for tracking but he said there wasn't one. I've shipped my fair share of stuff with Canada post and this shouldn't take 11 business days to get to my door. It could still show up who knows, but his way of doing business and trying to avoid me is inexcusable. He didn't even do the job properly like I asked the first time.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tried to get pictures from him but he always had some excuse as to why he could never get one of the valve cover finished. But he always seemed to have enough time to post on Facebook of other people's finished product.

Hope it turns up but most likely he probably never shipped it out again...unless you seen pictures of it finished the second time?

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I even told him I just wanted to the valve cover back even if it wasn't finished but kept getting the run around. I would drive up there and go to his shop in person but since I've been dealing with him for the past 4+ months I can tell you he seems to be rarely at his shop. I don't want to drive up there and hes not there. Major waste of a 4 hour drive.

·
life is bitch!
2,302 Posts
set aside a day and camp out in front of his shop. do some digging and find his home.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Sorry to hear. I hate situations like that. I had an issue a few years back with a powdercoater out west. 6 months later, I got my wheels back and the job was horrible, but I was glad I got the wheels back anyways. Ended up getting them re-powdered through a groupbuy on TSC and turned out okay. I've heard good things about http://www.brightsidecoatings.com/ and someone (maybe the owner) is fairly active on casc forums.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
While this was going on the 2nd time I sent it back. I managed to get another valve cover cut for Maruha cam cover, powder coated, shipped from the states, installed and I still haven't gotten this one in my hands. Took 2 weeks from guy in states and it was not a basic colour to powder coat like Wrinkle red is.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah surprisingly I did get it back the way I wanted. I'll post up a picture. Since it's been so long I'll probably just post the valve cover up for sale on here I don't need it anymore. They go quick on here, especially in good condition.

I can't believe someone would do that to a nice set of Work Equips....

·
Registered
388 Posts
JP is a personal friend of mine who has done work for me in the past and many of my friends. People are 10x as likely to report a bad experience than a good one. So, sucks that it had to happen to you Dean - but he's an enthusiast like us, with a life, who does this on the side to supplement income while doing school and everything else. He started doing more due to demand, hired people to help, etc., and it has gotten to the point where it's no longer fun for him - which is why he started it in the first place.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
JP is a personal friend of mine who has done work for me in the past and many of my friends. People are 10x as likely to report a bad experience than a good one. So, sucks that it had to happen to you Dean - but he's an enthusiast like us, with a life, who does this on the side to supplement income while doing school and everything else. He started doing more due to demand, hired people to help, etc., and it has gotten to the point where it's no longer fun for him - which is why he started it in the first place.
Cool 'scuse bro.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm sure this guy is a real nice person personally. I did get what I paid for in the end but the time it took was really not acceptable. The lack of updates was also pretty bad.

If he's just not into the business anymore or doesn't find it fun that sucks for him. I would find it hard to continue myself. I hope he finds something he likes doing.

Anyways this is old news now. Time to move on :)

·
Mr December yo
2,423 Posts
I checked out his facebook page... Stopped scrolling when he turned Works into Rota's :p.
XD if the 4 spoke faces were polished and these had polished '3piece' nuts on it I think it would look alright

1 - 20 of 25 Posts