ClubRoadster.net banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Wait, let me put this together...Stripping Technologies is JP? As in, the tall skinny guy who had a Sentra then Impreza? As in, the guy who pissed off a tonne of people because he has excuses up to his...? If that's the same person, I feel even worse for you Dean.

JP gave me a quote to powdercoat my Kosei K1-TS wheels way back years ago. I made the long drive out to his dad's shop to meet with him and drop off my wheels. He was in the Sentra club for a while and no one really had any issues with him back then. When I met with him, he was a really nice guy and showed me around his dad's shop and shared all these stories about how awesome his dad is. He told me 2 weeks to get my wheels back. Long story short, after 9 months of trying to track him down and listening to his excuses, I finally got my wheels back. The job was done horribly but being a broke student at the time, I was glad to finally stop using my winters at the end of summer...

I've had a lot of people also tell me that JP is a good personal friend of theirs and that he's busy with life and school and whatever, but at the end of the day, if you're going to offer a service and screw your paying customers around, then you should be bashed and avoided and stop offering a services which you cannot deliver on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I brought my rims into Stripping Tech at the end of March, and when I did I was told it would take around 3-4 weeks to do because there was a back order on rims already. I didn't have to much of a problem with that at first, but after 2 months of not being able to get a hold of anyone I had to drive down to the shop and was finally able to talk to JP for him to say 'I don't think we have your rims here'. I dropped them off so obviously I knew they had to be there. I had to clarify which rims were mine, to which he replied 'we broke the TPMS on one of your rims trying to get it off' after nearly another 2 weeks of not being dealt with and finding out that his intention was for me to buy and replace the broken piece, enough was enough. I don't believe in the work standards that are in use there, breaking things and making the customer foot the bill and have to go and get it replaced as well. Up to this point I feel I had been very lenient with the time management skills they have, but that was the last straw. I would not recommend Stripping Tech to anyone who values their time and being treated with the common courtesy of a phone call when they brake your property. After receiving a text from JP at 10pm I had had enough and told him I wanted to pick up my rims at my earliest convenience. I received no further correspondence from him after that. When I went to pick my rims up, the employees had no idea where to find my rims so we had to go on a scavenger hunt to finally find them covered in a half inch of filth and bird droppings. When I cleaned my rims, I found out that the rims had to have been sitting for quite some time because the droppings had started to corrode my rims. So in the end, my winter tires had prolonged wear on them and I have to replace those sooner, it had wasted over 2 months of my time, cost me 170$ to replace the sensor, and now my rims have corrosion spots on them.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts