ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys so the last time I went for a spirited drive trough my local winding roads (over a year ago) the car started to make a real bad screetching sound when coastingin first really slow with the clutch engaged. The car started smoking really bad engine lost power shortly after and I parked the car until I could decide/afford what I wanted to do. Fast forward to now, I pulled my old engine out and inspected the clutch which I had suspected to be the problem from day one, indeed one of the slots where the springs are had destroyed it self. I ordered a new oem clutch and re-surfaced my flywheel, installed all of it put the "new" engine in and drove the car, worked absolutely amazing. Now comes my question the squealing is now gone from first gear its dead silent but I now have the same noice in reverse:fp: I for the life of me can't figure it out. The only thing I suspect is the diff:dunno:

Any help is appreciated Thanks!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This sound is driving me nuts please someone help.

Rhe noice came back, I can now hear itin al the gears.
1st gear is more prominent, I will take off from a stop get the car to 4-5mph and let off the gas and as the car coasts the screeching is constant. In reverse is the same story.

Its a different engine, new oem exedy clutch, pilot bearing, throw out bearing, greased the input shaft on the tranny and the inside of the throw out bearing. I really have no idea what it can be.

PLEASE HELP!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
u joint on the prop shaft?
Thanks for the reply. I did not think of checking that out, but wouldn't it make more noise while under load (accelerating)?

This has me baffled . I will jack up the car and take a look tomorrow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts