ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Finally upgraded the suspension on my 96 miata from the stock set up, to a set of FM V-maxx coilovers. I have the car sitting pretty low right now, which i plan on raising up any day now, but i have encountered a pretty awful noise. I Finished the project yesterday, test drove it that night, it was raining on and off, pretty damp. This morning, car still rode fine on the way into work. On my lunch break, i started getting an awful squealing sound when i let off the gas, coming to a stop. it stops the moment i get into the gas. The faster i go, the less annoying the sound is, but it is still nerve racking. The slower i go, the louder it gets. it isnt a consistant noise either, i would say it is like a harmonic, humming sound but varies in pitch. Any ideas for things to check tomorrow??

thanks guys.

·
I wanna go fast
2,781 Posts
Probably the springs grinding away at the perches.

·
Registered
396 Posts
first off; close the door, you're letting the flies in.

secondly, your suspension geometry is fucked like a drunk prom queen at a football game. when you go that low you increase wear exponentially and decrease any relief the suspension had in stock form. look at your bushings and look for wear on your control arms. also, check your fenders and fender lining. i put some larger profile tires on and had that problem until i pulled the front left fender out, didn't even know it was pushed in until i looked at the little rod holding it and noticed it was bent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts