ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The roadster got left outside in the hail while I was at work tonight. :evil: We mostly had pea-sized hail but had about two minutes of marble sized hail mixed in.

I don't know if I have any damage. We'll see when I wash it again if anything happened.

How big does hail have to be to leave dents?

·
Mufasa in Training
32,650 Posts
All I can say is "that's why you have insurance" ;)

We were supposed to get hail up here, but I don't have a garage at my new place :(

·
Registered
156 Posts
Just before I left work yesterday my wife called to tell me it was hailing at home and to wait a few minutes. "I know how you are about that car. I don't want to see you cry." She saved a few hail stones for me to check out, marble and golf ball size. YIKES! :shock:

·
CR.net Supporter
676 Posts
Well that's pretty gross weather, I'll give you that. But it snowed up here in Edmonton yesterday. As in APRIL THE 3RD. AS IN IT SHOULD BE SPRING AND THERE IS SNOW ON THE GROUND AND IT IS -10 DEGREES OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW.... At least you guys are driving the Miata. I'm dying from winter blues up here.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Those magnetic fuel line clamps on eBay that claim to improve your MPG are false but the dimples left by hail will make your Roadster go farther on a tank of gas. The same principles that make dimpled golf balls work so great also apply to Roadsters.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I would be mainly worried about the roof. dinged metal isnt that hard to repair... but a hole in the top would be a B!Tch thus far we have only gotten like maybe a few hours of mothball sized hail around these parts.

-Jeremy

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Well that's pretty gross weather, I'll give you that. But it snowed up here in Edmonton yesterday. As in APRIL THE 3RD. AS IN IT SHOULD BE SPRING AND THERE IS SNOW ON THE GROUND AND IT IS -10 DEGREES OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW.... At least you guys are driving the Miata. I'm dying from winter blues up here.
It's about 84 here... What's winter? :(

·
Premium Member
9,430 Posts
Those magnetic fuel line clamps on eBay that claim to improve your MPG are false but the dimples left by hail will make your Roadster go farther on a tank of gas. The same principles that make dimpled golf balls work so great also apply to Roadsters.
:lol:

We had sub-golf ball sized hail here for a few minutes. It started with pea-sized pieces so me and my buddy decided it was a good idea to move the cars inside. Good thing we did. As soon as we started lowering hte garage door the bottom fell out. The ground was white in seconds :shock:

·
CR.net Supporter
676 Posts

·
Supporting Member
75 Posts
The CF I'm selling hood would look great on a black car and as a bonus would never dent again!Too bad you're from Texass :p

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. You can't control the weather. I know the central plains of the USA is known for severe weather but this freakish weather is happening more and more places these days. I've heard some people put blankets and towels on their car and then cover it with their all-weather car cover to protect against hail damage if they see the weather prediction and have time to prepare.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts