ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hey everyone, installed my shortened bilsteins with ground control sleeves last week and decided to lower them some more today but ran in to a problem.

The fronts are able to utilize all the threads on the sleeve with no problem but the REARS however can't use the last 4 threads because the bulky collar contacts the axel! Does anyone know of a possible work around for this?

Thanks,
Griffin

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
this forum continues to amaze me. I got the bilsteins shortened and I'm running 600/400 springs.

If you're trying trying to get low, you could get shorter springs to be able to raise the collar and clear your axle.
Thanks I guess I'll get some shorter springs if that's the only option besides different top hats.

I was looking for a possible alternative to the supplied collars but I guess springs would be easiest.

And thank you for the more appropriate answer following your smart ass remark (;

·
3,858 Posts
I had the same issue, in my case (spherical mounts with bearings) I was also able to move the bottom of the shock towards the back (just a mm or two) and solve the problem but I decided to just grind down the collar couple of mm (the collar on the koni's doesn't have bolts like in your case).

As other people said in your case the easiest would be to get shorter springs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.