ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just came back from gmr...man most people have big egos there. me and suby friend went up today. we were goin down to run uphill and he heard some integra guy talking crap...and i quote "miatas are pieces of $h!+...his friend already went down. (btw the integra didnt run.)when we reached to bottom a guy was havn some problems with his lude. anyways were all chilln there to see what happned to the car... and he starts(integras friend)....asks me how long ive been driving there..i said bout 6 7 months last time i ran it was like 6 mins dude he said ( ive been driving for 3 years here)...conv keeps going...(and im a pretty good driver if i say so myself my fastest time was like high 4's low five's(i forgot the times he said to me.) :? ...he was driving his friends car an old accord with suspension 5 speed. accord...right #-o my miata is a stock nb ....well we ran...i was 1st ..accord..suby ...word of advice people. dont talk crap unless you really know what ur getting into. damn honda heads.. love the car hate the egos..so in ending...yesss i did smoke that son of a b$#2%had to lose him he was blind me with his high beams guess after that he never saw my bumper again. pretty good for a 6 min driver.. huh ...or is it 5....?but even then after the run they still talkn shizzz when we got to the top so we just left.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:( awww getting me all worried now...r u talkin bout smokin someoone or falling aff the cliff...?

·
Registered
519 Posts
I've had my share of "kills," but the glory was not worth the risk. I don't want to add to the growing collection of tire marks leading off the cliff or into the wall. I've encountered too many people double laning or driving beyond their skill level.

I pulled an unconscious kid out of his burning car after he slammed into the wall a few years back. He did not survive the accident. :(

I didn't mean to sound bitter, I still cruise the canyons 3-4 times a month (but not gmr).

Are you local baloyr?
Just watch out for bicyclists and bikers. The miata is a blast to drive even at reasonable speeds :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ya Iused to do the canyon thing also. Seen a lot of ****. People goin off, cars totaled, a few people die up there. It got old to me and the influx of stupid ass people up there when drifting/Initial D became popular. I do go up there from time to time to just cruise and enjoy the drive, not race any more. I'd rather go to the track now. I have more fun and I can push more of my personal limits. But its got more crazier than ever now

·
Registered
110 Posts
iwas up at gmr like 2 weeks ago. i got there at like 11 and there were so many show guys there. like three civics with underglow and strob lights blasting tokyo drift music. i was about to run down and this kid with an evo cald me out to run for money, i laughed at him and drove off with him behind me....which only lasted for 2 corners : ) Go miatas!

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
It's been years since I've been to GMR. Not too interested in going either, because I've heard a lot of negative things about the place (bad, stupid, asshat drivers, crime, and heavy handed enforcement). Am I wrong in this assessment?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Well. I admit I do drive in the mts. Usually alone. If I run into someone while im letting my turbo cool ( lol I have always wanted to use that excuse) They immediately gloat about their skillz. Retards... Only once have I ever met someone (actually 2 other miatas) that kept up with their words and we are still friends to this day. As for the other guys they simply fade away in successive corners never to be seen again. (I assume they turn around and wait for someone slower to use as an ego boost. Although I did know one person who actually decided to learn how to drive better, smoother, faster etc...

·
CR.net Supporter
3,190 Posts
It's been years since I've been to GMR. Not too interested in going either, because I've heard a lot of negative things about the place (bad, stupid, asshat drivers, crime, and heavy handed enforcement). Am I wrong in this assessment?

I totally agree

Now I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters: not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their bullshit. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Just teasing growing up in Upland my brother and I drove those roads all the time with no one around back in the late 80's (OMG I'M FRICKEN OLD) went up there a few weeks ago and saw nothing but the drivers you described above...

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Yeah I stay away from those popular canyons now. A few weeks ago a couple of riends and I ran into sum dumb kids claiming that "this was their mountain" we'll if thats so then we made them our bitches in "their" house. Any idea what color the integra was baloyr? Sounds like this might be the same guys.

Anyway I have a new mountain now with a breathtaking view. I would love to tell you but I don't want those same kinds of people going up there and ruining it. Lets see I'll just call it "The Rim" and if you know it you know it, if not... :wink: I don't take it at 10/10ths or even 8/10ths its just a really nice drive for a topless cruise.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Yeah I stay away from those popular canyons now. A few weeks ago a couple of riends and I ran into sum dumb kids claiming that "this was their mountain" we'll if thats so then we made them our bitches in "their" house. Any idea what color the integra was baloyr? Sounds like this might be the same guys.

Anyway I have a new mountain now with a breathtaking view. I would love to tell you but I don't want those same kinds of people going up there and ruining it. Lets see I'll just call it "The Rim" and if you know it you know it, if not... :wink: I don't take it at 10/10ths or even 8/10ths its just a really nice drive for a topless cruise.
Rim of the world? Up towards arrowhead?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Wow so much for secrets Brian.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the integra was white it was pretty high though with big rims and a beat up blue box accord with tokico shocks and some springs....and i guess i saw that race between the evo and that blue miata w/ the home depot lip and sportmax wheels na8c i think...hes the one with the blue miata in the top post. damn evo was sooooo freakin slow stupid fagget man that blue miata smoked the snot out of that foo...too bad i couldnt go any faster evo had like 5 poeple behind him and didnt let anyone pass.....honestly i didnt even know why he ran with like 20 cars dude. that was the biggest amount of cars that i saw go up a mountain hahahaha 20+ cars i think mostly 240's

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yea....dumb morons just go up there to talk crap(but dont know how to drive) ive met some miata guys up there and 100% of them are laid back..none of that (im better than u crap) ego. the most miatas ive seen there was 6 including me. we all ran down and i was following some guy who was smokin the chronic...hahahaha ...damn that foo was fast....must of been the greens....

1 - 20 of 161 Posts